Pourquoi est-il pas de poste lundi

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,364
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
The cold, the wind, the sleet, the snow, the rain, the spray off the back of trucks and some thunder and lightening - which was good.
Then back home to Thing 1 and thing 2, utter bedlam and Mum pulling her hair out when I got back.

She didn't understand it at all when I said "brilliant", with a smile on my face.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    I'm sure your title is pigeon French but I CBA to look up the right way to say it :)

Had a nice chilly ride in and out of work today, nearly got take out by a learner despite doing a passable impression of a Christmas tree with 6 strobe lights and wearing reflective shyte. Work is empty due to illness/hols etc but still pretty busy. Beer tomorrow 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    I think it should be more like "porquoi il n'y a pas de Lundi merde"
    Crazily busy at work, only 2 out of 5 of us in the office. I had to take the attitude of I can only do what I can and the rest would have to wait. I managed to upset one of the most universally disliked men in the industry today by telling him a couple of things everybody else is scared to. That was very therapeutic. Had to drive in as I had an appointment at the quacks this morning, steroid injection into my shoulder in a couple of weeks. The joys of getting old. Looking forward to riding in tomorrow to get out of the traffic.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • I checked on google translate because I thought it should be
    Pourquoi n'est-il pas de poste de lundi? Interestingly, for me anyway, I found that adding the '?' changed the translation from Why is there no post Monday to Why is there no post on Monday? It seems the ? equates to an on.

My guess is Pourquoi n'est-il pas de poste pour lundi? or if you want the tense right Pourquoi était-il pas de poste lundi?

But apart from some French A level lessons a few years back my French is about 30 years out of date.

The good news is that it doesn't really matter as we are mostly not French.

Saying brilliant to a frazzled mum is probably asking for trouble.
  • GBY73
    GBY73 Posts: 20
    Perhaps:

Pourquoi est-ce qu'il n'y a pas de poste?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    Because it's Saturday?
    Regarding the French you're probably right, I think the more complicated the better as far as I recall.