Fulcrum racing 7 freehub

scottybob_golf
scottybob_golf Posts: 22
edited December 2014 in Workshop
Hi all,
While out riding the other day my freehub jammed on so I couldn't stop peddling! I took the cassette off then removed the freehub and one of the three teeth wasn't 'springing up' I couldn't really see anything obvious what to do. Can you get a overhaul kit? I haven't taken it to lbs yet as I'm a little busy to say the least. They are shimano if that makes any difference
Any advice is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    Hi I had the same problem, you probably needs a new pawl spring.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/fulcrum- ... 47624.html

Make sure you give the freehub body and pawls a good clean, re-grease (careful not to use too much) and then attach with the new spring. Check they all travel/spring up cleanly and smoothly before putting it back on.

Probably worth checking over the pawls for any damage too though they are pretty solid so should be ok.

Also worth noting at the end of the spring is a small length at a right angle, I'd recommend trimming that off before fitting the spring.
  • Thanks but that does say campagnolo or are the springs the same? I see they do the Paul's for not a lot so is it worth replacing them at the same time?
  • Chris87
    Chris87 Posts: 224
    fulcrum are owned/made by campag, these are the right springs.

You shouldn't need to replace the pawls, they are pretty strong, get them out and give them a clean first if you want to be sure, it will be pretty clear if they are damaged.
  • Ahh I see thanks for that! I will splash out on a couple of £ spring lol