Mtb Jersey or jacket

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,
What do you all wear in winter as I was out the other day and although fine no rain the wind chill was harsh. Do you wear a light weight jacket or a windproof Jersey. I have an event in Wales in jan and have an endura helium jacket that I can throw on if it rains but wondering what to wear Jersey wise that is windproof
Thanks

Comments

• .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Got a windstopper base layer from Craft a couple of years ago. It's pure road but it makes a huge difference I just wear it with my usual kit when the weather gets cold
  • I have an Endura softshell jacket (not sure of specific style) that I reserve for the cold winter days.

Although not very heavy, it is surprisingly warm and gets me through the coldest of days with a baselayer and thin jersey underneath
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Everyone is different, so while I understand your words I can honestly say I've never needed a windproof, I just wear a decent baselayer, light fleece when its cold and my motocross top over the top of that.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    Unless it get to -0 temps I normally stick to a base layer short sleeved jersey and arm warmers, I might take a windproof gillet with me, I only ever get cold feet and thumbs. I get too hot with anything else on.
  • Thanks guys