MTB with North Road handlebars

lucyg
lucyg Posts: 4
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
I'm in the market for a new mountain bike with North Road-style handlebars (the only sort I can use comfortably with my neck and shoulder problems). I've found plenty of hybrids/road bikes with North Roads, but I live out in the country where lanes and trails are fairly rough and I don't think anything but mountain bike tyres would cut it. Do mountain bikes with North Roads actually exist? Or would I have to buy a hybrid and switch the tyres, or buy a MTB and switch the handlebars?

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Had to google them. Your best bet would be to buy the bike you want and swap the handlebars. Don't think any manufacturer would spec them as standard, far too unfashionable! But if they work for you then great.

A bike shop would probably be willing to do the swap prior to sale to get you going if you bought both from the same place.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agreed, better to get the bike you want and swap the bars, plenty of bars available and will only cost you about £20-25.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    might want to have a look at On-one and bike built with their Mary Bars.

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/HBOOMA/on-o ... -handlebar
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown