DH Helmet Shop

David247
David247 Posts: 6
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi all :)

Can anyone suggest a shop in the South East that has a good stock of DH full face helmets - inc Troy Lee? I want to get the correct size but don't want to order online and have to return it.

I've visited several bike shops in Kent/London and none have had any in stock.

Thanks for any help :)

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Not many shops stock them, especially in areas where there isn't much call for them.
    Just use the sizing guide on the manufacturers website and measure your swede.
    Chain Reaction have some great discounts on Troy Lee D3's. I find them quite uncomfortable though. Take a look at the Fox Rampage carbon as well, everyone seems to find them extremely comfortable and they look great.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    David247 wrote:
    I want to get the correct size but don't want to order online and have to return it
    Sometimes it's the only way. Shops with good stocks of DH full face helmets are few and far between although Fox Europe are not averse to sale-or-return via your lbs. Mine got a couple of Rampages in for me to try I bought one and they sent the other one back no problem
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    I currently have 4 helmets (trail/DH/BMX/snowboard) and bought them all online with only the diameter of my coupon to go by. I must have a generic head as luckily they have all been a great fit.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Thanks for the help guys - bought one from chain reaction in the end and fits well :)