superb cars :)

team47b
team47b Posts: 6,425
edited December 2014 in The bottom bracket
December cars 'n' coffee...55 cars, well the mini club turned up with 20 minis, quite a lot bikes too :D

interesting Peugeot

DSC03143.jpg

DSC03145.jpg

DSC03138.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03148.jpg

cafe was closed!!

DSC03142.jpg

bloke on the right is a portuguese pro :roll:

DSC03141.jpg

more general pics...warning may contain photos of a sunny beach :D
http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/photo ... %20meeting
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    The coffee maker is the most impressive machine out of that lot :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The coffee maker is the most impressive machine out of that lot :wink:
    I don't know.
    I always fancied one of those Mercs.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Love the coffee machine, got to get one of them for camping.

Is that Elan s2 standard or has someone wide bodied it?

Take it the green isetta yours? and by the way not jealous of the weather at all, -1oc on the club run this morning and not an expresso in sight.
  • team47b
    It makes great espresso, the coffe machine that is, not the Isetta :D

The lotus had a plate on the side, it said it was a lotus made wide body, not sure though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Not keen on the wide Lotus, standard is far prettier. The Alfa 105 is lovely, but I would say that.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Love the Alfa :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Love those Mavic SLR's
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    edited December 2014
    Was that a cf bonnet on the mini or that sticky stuff you can get for rusting white appliances in Aldi?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The Vulva is my favourite
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Stunning cars.
    Living MY dream.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Not keen on the wide Lotus, standard is far prettier. The Alfa 105 is lovely, but I would say that.

Indeed
    IMG_4371.jpg

(Rollbar added to provide a modicum of side protection - it does come out again)

8)
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Love the elan
  • team47b
    Veronese68 wrote:

I liked the Alfa too, it was the GT1300 junior.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Anyone got a link to the coffee machine - I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed one now.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    I bought the coffee machine at a local shop, they also had smaller ones with one nozzle, for one shot espresso, I sent one to my son to use when he's out on his bike :D

Would you like me to see if they still have them, I could start a cute coffee machine business, supplying all you addicts, free pack of arabica with every purchase, that would give the post office sniffer dogs something to think about :D
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,970
    Is it not just this?

61002200.jpg

and this?

001430_large.jpg
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Pretty much so, but the second one looks more like this:
    Hot-2cup-High-quality-Moka-coffee-maker-Espresso-coffee-pot-Express-coffee-maker-free-shipping-.jpg
  • Was it cold? The cyclists in long sleeved tops and leg warmers?
    I was in Barcelona last month, temperatures in the mid 20's and saw lots of roadies on nice bikes dressed in a similar way - is it an Iberian thing?
  • team47b
    Similar gas burner although mine comes with piezo electric starter, muito posh :D

It may be 18c at the hottest point of the day, but that's cold when you are used to 34c, everyone dresses up until it gets to about 23c, we would never go out at all in your weather! Yesterday ( same day as car event) I went out in the afternoon and was wearing full sleeves and legs and two jerseys!

Coldest I have cycled in is 6c one morning, not doing going that again, you'll be telling me next that in the UK you go out cycling in the rain too! :D
  • team47b wrote:
    Similar gas burner although mine comes with piezo electric starter, muito posh :D

It may be 18c at the hottest point of the day, but that's cold when you are used to 34c, everyone dresses up until it gets to about 23c, we would never go out at all in your weather! Yesterday ( same day as car event) I went out in the afternoon and was wearing full sleeves and legs and two jerseys!

Coldest I have cycled in is 6c one morning, not doing going that again, you'll be telling me next that in the UK you go out cycling in the rain too! :D
    :D well we do get rain very occasionally. 3c on my commute this morning although thankfully no ice. This is the South as well!
  • Matthewfalle
    team47b wrote:
    I bought the coffee machine at a local shop, they also had smaller ones with one nozzle, for one shot espresso, I sent one to my son to use when he's out on his bike :D

Would you like me to see if they still have them, I could start a cute coffee machine business, supplying all you addicts, free pack of arabica with every purchase, that would give the post office sniffer dogs something to think about :D

If you could have a look that would be brilliant - agree that's it's just a moca pot in a different form but would look so much cooler pulling that out in the field rather than a sachet of Nescafé ,.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    MF - I had a double like this in white enamel. They are more common than you think. I got fed up of accidentally knocking the little espresso cups off, which is very easy to do (especially balanced on a little gas burner) and ditched it for a single two cup S/S Bialetti - better than Lavazza as they not made from Aluminium - coffee and Aluminium; great. I think that the Aluminium stove tops are the reason why Italians are so flaky :wink:DUCK
    Although Italians do not cook tomato based dishes in Aluminium for similar reasons, they seem to have forgotten about their Alu stove tops.

I used a little piece of mesh on top of the gas burner, helps the balancing act.

Fleabay:

mhuDHcePbQGjrkaYuzj3erA.jpg

Amazon:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F31nRXxTkxuL.jpg&f=1

cb682d713ada9eb4ebd2fe8bdc3fee60.jpg

Flantes.com:

23e0b5bbf251b47cedda531bdbe814d1.jpg

Nice:

3de35d6f2215adf5e8129651c78f791b.jpg

Cool:

http://www.orphanespresso.com

7b90323c311d74d308ee7e1ca74754b0.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    can we go back to cars, find me the merc, a warm country and an open road
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    Just for you, here are two other merc's...

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02575.jpg
  • Flâneur
    If only I was the guy who could recite the names of cars, but the red merc would be a blast, yes the lights aren't the most attractive but the rest of it suits a coast road
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    A friend's father owns the red merc and lives in an apartment in front of where the monthly meet is held, so he drives it from the underground garage, 30metres, parks it and goes back to the cafe in his building or home, and comes back to drive it home again, so I guess if you live actually on the coast it still counts as a drive on the coastal road! :D
  • Matthewfalle
    team47b wrote:
    Just for you, here are two other merc's...

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

Absolutely bleedin' gorgeous, especially the red one. Proper cars, like. Me and a young Diana Rigg or, if she's not available, Audrey Hepburn hooning down the coast road chasing the sun and champers. Paradise.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    MF - I had a double like this in white enamel. They are more common than you think. I got fed up of accidentally knocking the little espresso cups off, which is very easy to do (especially balanced on a little gas burner) and ditched it for a single two cup S/S Bialetti - better than Lavazza as they not made from Aluminium - coffee and Aluminium; great. I think that the Aluminium stove tops are the reason why Italians are so flaky :wink:DUCK
    Although Italians do not cook tomato based dishes in Aluminium for similar reasons, they seem to have forgotten about their Alu stove tops.

I used a little piece of mesh on top of the gas burner, helps the balancing act.

Fleabay:

mhuDHcePbQGjrkaYuzj3erA.jpg

Amazon:

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F31nRXxTkxuL.jpg&f=1

cb682d713ada9eb4ebd2fe8bdc3fee60.jpg

Flantes.com:

23e0b5bbf251b47cedda531bdbe814d1.jpg

Nice:

3de35d6f2215adf5e8129651c78f791b.jpg

Cool:

http://www.orphanespresso.com

7b90323c311d74d308ee7e1ca74754b0.jpg

Cheers Piña - will go a hunting. Just this once I'll forgive the Italian comment :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    team47b wrote:
    A friend's father owns the red merc and lives in an apartment in front of where the monthly meet is held, so he drives it from the underground garage, 30metres, parks it and goes back to the cafe in his building or home, and comes back to drive it home again, so I guess if you live actually on the coast it still counts as a drive on the coastal road! :D

wasted in my opinion but it is his to do what he wants with
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • team47b
    He's in his eighties and has owned it since new so I imagine he has done a few kms :D