Sleepless Sunday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,832
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Manflu currently averted by killing it with ale, but 4 hrs kip isn't enough

Still down in Oxford at a mates with a late pub lunch organised so I assume this morning will be a family type walk

Right back to showing the kids how to play mariokart

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    That's the spirit. I saw a book yesterday that made me think of you. Called "The Very Hungover Caterpillar".
    Not feeling too bad myself as I only had a couple and rode back along an icy tow path. Sister in law coming to visit today, deep joy. Not much else going on.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,169
    matthew h wrote:
    Right back to showing the kids how to play mariokart
    Is that the Balotelli version? :)

About to head down to Costas for coffee and late brekky with Stressbag and Stropteen. Then its more jobs and maybe some pressie buying online/Christmas cards and all that crap.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola sunday girls

Not too much boozing last night as had to drive this morning, blah!

Sport has been played, success was not had! I came over a bit Yoda there.................Ugh!

Just sat down with a nice glass of beer and am readying myself to watch the rugby.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That's the spirit. I saw a book yesterday that made me think of you. Called "The Very Hungover Caterpillar".
    Not feeling too bad myself as I only had a couple and rode back along an icy tow path. Sister in law coming to visit today, deep joy. Not much else going on.

To be honest don't suffer from hangovers :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Because you're never sober enough?
    I get hangovers so bad nowadays I sometimes question the wisdom of drink. Unfortunately I enjoy beer far too much to stop, even if I have just done 2 weeks dry. Just had a lovely couple of pints of Pride.
    Review of the book, couldn't manage the link from my phone earlier.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Because you're never sober enough?
    I get hangovers so bad nowadays I sometimes question the wisdom of drink. Unfortunately I enjoy beer far too much to stop, even if I have just done 2 weeks dry. Just had a lovely couple of pints of Pride.
    Review of the book, couldn't manage the link from my phone earlier.

It won't last, but obviously I've had years of annoying friends by drinking and being ok the next day, this morning I was up with the kids and 2 hrs before any of the others surfaced :D