Boardman Carbon - Completed

2»

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well funny how things come back around.

Since selling the Boardman, I've put about 1600 miles on a Kinesis Aithein with exactly the same spec as this as I swapped all the components over including finishing kit. I know it's been mostly through the winter but it's done all my usual rides (hills, flats, chaingangs, commutes) and while it hasn't missed a beat I just haven't had the wow factor which the Boardman (or perhaps just carbon?) gave me.

I swallowed my pride and last week sent a text to the guy who bought it asking if he was up for letting it go and, to my luck and surprise, he had just bought a new bike and I was welcome to have it back. Collected it on Sunday morning and spent the day swapping the finishing kit back. Gave it a quick shakedown on the commute yesterday, made some tweaks and took it on last nights chaingang. It is just such a nice bike to ride. Stiff in all the right places, smooth over rough roads and just the right geometry to get tucked in low.

It genuinely felt like there was a tailwind all the way round and I absolutely smashed the 2 intermediate sprints and decided to solo the last 5 miles home - certainly nothing I would have been doing on the Kinesis. While the old bike was no slouch, the Boardman is the right amount of stiff without being harsh, whereas the Kinesis just felt a bit sluggish (or springy?) in the sprints and harsher over rough roads.
  • One of the nicest Boardmans I've seen, glad to hear you got it back :D
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited November 2020

Still works. Saddle is level, it's just the angle in't photo.