Why are roadies so angry?

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Why are roadies so angry about everything?
They're angry with drivers, pedestrians, other cyclists, the government, everyone.
If they aren't moaning about not being able to ride at a billion miles per hour through parks or something new opening where cycling isn't allowed or complaining that drivers don't see them when they're dressed in black with no lights then they just seem to argue with each other about helmets.
Why can't they just all chill out?

Comments

• schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Must be all the exhaust fumes turning them loopy. They are just upset they have to share their 'trails' with cars and peds.. Give me a nice quiet mountain track anyday!

Also maybe lycra has some negative effect on the brain..

:wink:
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Haha, quality :lol:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    The knowledge that MTB'ers are having so much more fun than they are does their head in I reckon. That, and knowing that their regulation cycling kit makes normal people laugh at them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I get many disapproving looks from roadies when I ride my road bike in baggy shorts, soft shell jacket and peaked helmet. Even more so when I over take them :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    So do I. My road kit for commuting is old, scruffy mtb kit.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Schmako wrote:
    Must be all the exhaust fumes turning them loopy. They are just upset they have to share their 'trails' with cars and peds.. Give me a nice quiet mountain track anyday!

Also maybe lycra has some negative effect on the brain..

:wink:
    Hairy brain. I heard that constant compression of the testes can lead to you developing a vagine :lol:
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • Stevo_666
    welshkev wrote:
    I get many disapproving looks from roadies when I ride my road bike in baggy shorts, soft shell jacket and peaked helmet. Even more so when I over take them :)
    They hate it when I do that riding to work, specially as I'm on a hybrid. Seems that's worse for a roadie than being overtaken by a girl :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    I think it's paranoia that everyone is out to get them. Sometimes feels like drivers are trying to kill me as I ride to work, but I think it's mostly just incompetence, except for the ones that know me. They are definitely trying to kill me.
    The CX bike is good because it works well on roads until I get to some trails. The look on roadies faces when I join the road covered in mud and with drop bars is priceless. Totally confused.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Most road bikers are happy enough and very helpful, like most mountain bikers. The difference with road biking is it really pushes you physically and most road bikers are shattered when you meet them . Mountain biking is very different it is more about bike control and sprinting than endurance and power control.

Get some Lycra on and you will see what I mean :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    I ride about 8000 miles a year on my road bike. I push just as hard on my mountain bike. I just find riad cycling really dull which is why I only ever use it to commute.
    By angry roadies I was referring mostly to their anger when off the bike. They always seem to be bitching about something on social media or on tv or radio.
  • Stevo_666
    Kajjal wrote:
    I'm sure most people aren't actually wearing lycra when they post in Commuting Chat or Pro Race :wink:
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    I change what i'm wearing depending on what part of the forum i'm on!

Baggies for the hub, lycra in the road section, hessian underwear for the communting section and a clowns suit with full faced helmet for the CC.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • kajjal
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:
    I'm sure most people aren't actually wearing lycra when they post in Commuting Chat or Pro Race :wink:

I got the feeling I was the only one who did it :D
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Kajjal wrote:
    Most road bikers are happy enough and very helpful, like most mountain bikers. The difference with road biking is it really pushes you physically and most road bikers are shattered when you meet them . Mountain biking is very different it is more about bike control and sprinting than endurance and power control.

All I can say to that is "that is complete crap"

I feel more tired after a 20km mtb ride than I do after a 50km road ride. A 60km road ride is pretty easy for me, whereas a 30km mtb ride is pretty tough!

I appreciate that if guys are pushing 100+ Km's on a road ride they'll be knackered, but so would an mtber doing half that distance
  • rockmonkeysc
    Im wearing a skin suit now. It feels right.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's because they can't trackstand at lights. What am I saying? They go straight through the lights no matter what colour.
  • rockmonkeysc
    They're colour blind you insensitive bastard.
  • Perhaps they're enraged at being one big homogeneous group...
  • kajjal
    welshkev wrote:
    Kajjal wrote:

All I can say to that is "that is complete crap"

I feel more tired after a 20km mtb ride than I do after a 50km road ride. A 60km road ride is pretty easy for me, whereas a 30km mtb ride is pretty tough!

I appreciate that if guys are pushing 100+ Km's on a road ride they'll be knackered, but so would an mtber doing half that distance

It's not so much the distance as the time. 10 miles proper xc trail riding in the wilds is a lot harder than a ten mile road ride. A four hour road ride at pace really takes it out of me but a four hour trail ride is hard work but it's not as tough. I tried keeping my road bike pace going on road riding my xc mountain bike. After seven miles I had to stop shattered.
  • kajjal

But why do you keep posting the photo's of it on Facebook :shock:

:)
  • rockmonkeysc
    Kajjal wrote:

Cos your mum keeps liking them :-)
  • kajjal
    Kajjal wrote:

Cos your mum keeps liking them :-)

:D
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I'd really love to say something but by the screen is an empty bottle of M&S port which I bought yesterday - I feel like sht and don't look much better.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If I tried remembering all the rules of cycling I would be angry. Even looking at this forum probably breaks at least ten rules of road cycling and means you get shunned by all the other colour co-ordinated nonces.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Why are roadies so angry about everything?
    They're angry with drivers, pedestrians, other cyclists, the government, everyone.
    If they aren't moaning about not being able to ride at a billion miles per hour through parks or something new opening where cycling isn't allowed or complaining that drivers don't see them when they're dressed in black with no lights then they just seem to argue with each other about helmets.
    Why can't they just all chill out?

because they have vaginas. hormonal thing, same thing goes for woman.