Powertap sl+ not connecting with Garmin

MagicWhiteBag
MagicWhiteBag Posts: 21
edited December 2014 in Workshop
Hello All,

I have changed the batteries on my Powertap SL+ (type357) it will then be picked up on my garmin 500 and i have calibrated. Like it has always done in the past when i have done it before.

However when i go back later my Garmin will not pick up the Powertap at all even when i have searched for it through the Garmin menu. I have rotated the wheel to make sure it is activated. On stripping it back down removing the batteries and refitting the Garmin will discover it.

Has anyone had this fault before or know how to fix it. i have ordered a new battery holder in the hope its a shi*ty connection to the hub it's self.

cheers in advance for any help received

Comments

• Possibly could be the battery holder, try that first as they can short out internally. Otherwise it could be caused by corrosion to the pins that come out of the hub body - giving poor contact to the battery holder. If that is the problem then you need to start saving up for a G3 conversion, as it cant be repaired.
    Always use some kind of silicon or synthetic grease, such as superlube, around the pins when replacing the battery holder, as this helps stop corrosion of the pins.
  • I used to have a similar problem until someone suggested entering the device ID manually into the Garmin. That seemed to sort the issue. Worth a try
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH