Thoughts on this bike ?

mr_eddy
mr_eddy Posts: 830
edited December 2014 in Road buying advice
Ok so I was looking at getting a new road bike and noticed the Planet-X RT 58 Alu road bike currently being sold for £499 with a FULL Sram Apex 2x10 groupset inc brakes and chainset plus FSA wheels and finishing kit and an all up weight of just 8kg !!!.

Seems too good to be true. I reckon swapping over to some GP4000 and maybe a better saddle and I could have a sub 8kg road bike for less than £650

Any thoughts on this bike, Anyone have any experience with this bike/brand ?

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Buy it while it's still at this price it usually sells at £699.99 the only difference is you just don't get a choice to customise it.
    Take a look at the Readers Rides section on PX for owners impressions of the bike.
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    Great bike for the money in my opinion. It could be had for £400 the other day with the 20% off codes being mentioned on here. I don't know if there are any still working?
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    Buy it immediately. Fantastic value.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • nigelgos
    nigelgos Posts: 128
    Code is still working, so £400 (UKSTAFFJVI20).
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn