Fork air pump & brake bleed kit

bruce225
bruce225 Posts: 129
edited December 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
HI

Going to pick up my Boardman team and wondering do I need to buy a Fork Air pump and a brake bleed kit.

Will I use them regularly enough that I should purchase them or am I best just nipping to the cycle shop when I need them adjusting.

Basic trail riding no heavy stuff..

Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You need a shock pump.
    You don't need a bleed kit until you need to bleed the brakes, which shouldn't be soon, and may be never.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Look on ebay for a 'shock pump' they are all much of a muchness (except the mini versions with no gauge) so just buy the first one ending at a sensible price (circa £15 delivered seems to be about the going rate).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • bruce225
    Got lots of vouchers to spend in Halfords

So will this do the job around £20 seems to have good reviews..

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/tools-maintenance/pumps-puncture-repair/bikehut-suspension-shock-pump#tab3

Thanks
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yup, it's the one my daughter has (25% staff discount!) and it works just fine.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It will work fine - probably a Beto rebranded, I have an identical one that came with some Magura forks badged Magura.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bruce225
    And the spending continues thanks....