Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited January 2016 in The bottom bracket
That is about all you will get from me today
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• I've got an ISO auditor in today, fun time ahead!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,362
    I'm surprised I have any lungs left with the amount of coughing I've been doing. Still, I managed to ride in to work today for the first time in nearly 2 weeks so glad about that. Felt good to be back on the bike even if I could hardly breathe. Still busy at work which is keeping me off the streets at least. Not going for lunch with the Mrs as its not very nice out there and I would struggle to ride to Twickenham and back in time and still breathe at the end of it. So, an exciting stroll to Sainsbury's is on the cards for me.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Had my first proper argument fully in Portuguese today, no resorting to throwing in any good old English swear words!

Saw my first Portuguese bloke flounce off too :D

My work is done!

Taking the rest of the day off unless anyone here wants some :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,720
    I am mostly in meeting today. Kinda beats working :)

I'm off out tonight for a beer or two and see Hugh Cornwell (former front man for The Stranglers) at the Electric Ballroom up in Camden, so should be a decent night out. Just hope I'm fit to get up at 6.15 and pedal in tomorrow - if I can avoid V68 style hypochondria I should be OK :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I'm off out tonight for a beer or two and see Hugh Cornwell (former front man for The Stranglers) at the Electric Ballroom up in Camden, so should be a decent night out. Just hope I'm fit to get up at 6.15 and pedal in tomorrow - if I can avoid V68 style hypochondria I should be OK :wink:
    Ooh, nice.
    Oh, and it's not hypochondria. It would have killed a lesser man, blah blah blah...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Wrong, doing feck all kinda beats working :P
    Stevo 666 wrote:

The aforementioned pretty much sums up my day :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,447
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm surprised I have any lungs left with the amount of coughing I've been doing. Still, I managed to ride in to work today for the first time in nearly 2 weeks so glad about that. Felt good to be back on the bike even if I could hardly breathe. Still busy at work which is keeping me off the streets at least. Not going for lunch with the Mrs as its not very nice out there and I would struggle to ride to Twickenham and back in time and still breathe at the end of it. So, an exciting stroll to Sainsbury's is on the cards for me.
    I'll see your cough and raise you a hacking choking wheeze as I gasp for life.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Keep your germs to yourself please sickly child :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn

Passed, I think I'll celebrate with a cup of tea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    I've got an ISO auditor in today, fun time ahead!

I used to have them visit me. Once a year and a 6month interim if I recall?

Mrs Slog is in education, and a great big fuss happens every 3 years because of OFSTED, and by fuss I mean tantrums and near nervous breakdowns. "Every 3 years" I used to say "my heart bleeds for you". :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• Once a year for us so not too bad really however I'll have CE Standard audits shortly too.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Obviously I'm worse than that, but I was trying not to sound like a big gay drama queen. Ya big gay drama queen. :mrgreen:
  • seanoconn
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Obviously I'm worse than that, but I was trying not to sound like a big gay drama queen. Ya big gay drama queen. :mrgreen:
    Big gay drama queen and proud :D

arran77 wrote:
    You'll be sorry when I'm gone :(
  • arran77
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Thought you already had gone :P

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Who?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    arran77 wrote:

Who?

Dunno :lol:

seanoconn
  • Once a year for us so not too bad really however I'll have CE Standard audits shortly too.
    Mess with their heads. When they turn up, ask them to provide documentary evidence of their qualification, the verified test scenarios that they needed to complete to gain the qualification, and an audit trail that the certificate they have been issued was in fact done by a person authorised and qualified to do so.

If they can't tell them to feck off. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,886
    work meh day

Made long by a decent night out on Wednesday

Passed, I think I'll celebrate with a cup of tea.

Well of course you have - they want you to keep paying the registration and audit fees!!!!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449
    team47b wrote:
    Had my first proper argument fully in Portuguese today, no resorting to throwing in any good old English swear words!

Saw my first Portuguese bloke flounce off too :D

My work is done!

Taking the rest of the day off unless anyone here wants some :D

Yep, in the car park behind Gregg's.

Cold rain. Toots went to 'bappy yo yo' (Birthday party) and ended up wired to the moon on the sugary stuff. Why is it always junk at kiddies parties?

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    On train home. Gig was superb - supporting acts were John Cooper Clarke and Hazel O'Connor. Hugh Cornwell was belting out all the best Stranglers classics and the rock chick playing bass was wearing a very short leather skirt :P Nice 'n' Sleazy....
  • veronese68
    Nice, I'm dead jealous. I'd love to see Hugh Cornwell, wouldn't mind seeing Hazel O'Connor. John Cooper Clarke can be rather irritating though.
    When she was little my daughter could sing along all the words to "No More Heroes", nowadays she'd rather listen to utter shite.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nice, I'm dead jealous. I'd love to see Hugh Cornwell, wouldn't mind seeing Hazel O'Connor. John Cooper Clarke can be rather irritating though.
    When she was little my daughter could sing along all the words to "No More Heroes", nowadays she'd rather listen to utter shite.
    I'm just hangin' around...

Can't believe Cornwell is 65, he can still knock out the guitar riffs. They did it with no synths either, just a guitar, bass and drums - still sounded great.

Cooper Clarke was Cooper Clarke but he was properly funny in parts and we had only had 1 pint at that point. His advice on hacking off your wife: if you hack her off, she will raise it in a conversation 25 years later when it's not appropriate. If you really hack her off, you get the silent treatment. So it's worth making the extra effort :lol:

Best £25 I've spent in a long time. My mate is on all the mailing lists for this sort of stuff, can drop you a line if we get another bright gig idea - SLF is on the to do list (again) for 2015 8)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Best £25 I've spent in a long time. My mate is on all the mailing lists for this sort of stuff, can drop you a line if we get another bright gig idea - SLF is on the to do list (again) for 2015 8)
    Yes please, let me know of anything coming up.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yes please, let me know of anything coming up.
    Will do.

BTW saw a Ramones poster on the wall of the bar in the Electric Ballroom last night - sadly no chance of a reunion there, would have been bloody brilliant seeing them play live !
  • rjack
    rjack Posts: 2
    edited February 2016
    Hello can anyone help me out in finding some Business Mailing Lists?
  • seanoconn
    Who did the what now?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,449
    rjack wrote:
    Hello can anyone help me out in finding some mailing lists?

Is this code? Has GCHQ been hacked? Has someone kidnapped Toots 2's teddy?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!