Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm doing something new to me today, I'm Working at Home! I asked my boss if I could, as they're replacing the gas pipes outside the house, and someone needs to be in to let the gasmen come in and check the appliances when it's turned back on.

I think I may struggle. My PS4 is calling my name...

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    morning all,
    Gradually returning to normal, well by my standards. Managed to get out for a beer last night and to talk bollox which was good. One of the guys that doesn't make it very often turned up. He's rather successful in the IT world and has just sold a couple of businesses so has a few weeks off. He does have some nice toys, we were all rather jealous. He had a gorgeous Maserati that was his runabout, just the sound of it made me moist.
    I even managed to wobble to work this morning. It was rather slow as I could hardly breathe, I even got passed by an old lady on a Brompton. But I didn't die to death so that's good.
    TKM, working from home?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Can't say I've noticed any difference to be honest :P
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Gradually returning to normal, well by my standards. Managed to get out for a beer last night and to talk bollox which was good.

Afternoon 'tards.

Boss is still off sick here so able to loaf without worrying :mrgreen:

Think I might have an early finish too :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I've been good, I've actually had quite a bit to do.

I do think it's time for a reward though...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    So, were you working all that time before replying to my comment, or walking furiously?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Evening walkers

As part of my transition period to turn me into a civvy, whatever one of those is! I have been doing a 'success in self employment' course this week, some good info was gained but the instructor lady was a bit boring, well very boring really. Told us she has an MBA. I imagine all holders of an MBA are boring Tw@s!

Home now so it's booze o clock as my weekend starts here.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Afternoon

Decent night impromptu work night out was enjoyed but more than 4hrs of kip was needed

Today has been meeting fun and later is the cold shoulder from the wife who was expecting me home last night and hasn't spoken to me since!
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    So, were you working all that time before replying to my comment, or walking furiously?
    I've been working. I'm actually surprised. Then I've been out for an actual walk, and now I've just settled down in the living room for an evening walk.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Evening Tards,

I'm off out shortly for a beer and see Hugh Cornwell (former front man for The Stranglers) up at the Electric Ballroom in Camden. Should be a decent night out. Getting up tomorrow at 6.15am to pedal in may be slightly more tricky...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    bg13 wrote:
    I imagine all holders of an MBA are boring Tw@s!

What do you reckon to that matthew h :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    arran77 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

yep :)
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Thought i got away with it, but theres always someone to grass you up!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Thought i got away with it, but theres always someone to grass you up!

and its normally Arran :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Not as bad as accountants though. Hand on a sec.... :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Not as bad as accountants though. Hand on a sec.... :wink:

Could be worse though, could do tax......