Apprentice: Unfair and Unjust

2»

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Percy Vera wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Agreed. I admired a stroke of genius, creative thinking. Then again, I regularly find the outrage doesn't really stand up to scrutiny. The boardroom responses are totally inconsistent.

Totally agree, Lord Sugar reminds me of an old boss, one day you could do something and be praised for it and the next day do the exact same thing and get shot down for it.

An example is, when a team leader doesn't listen to their team and it works out Sugar praises them for using their initiative, if it doesn't work out he shoots them down for not listening to their team.

He contradicts himself a lot. I've stopped watching it now

Yep, that's what I was getting at although I do still watch it. It has just struck me that the boardroom is like 3,2,1 ( an old game show for you young un's). In theory, there is some logic to the reasoning used by dame Alan, but in reality, it's a convoluted jumble of nonsense that results in the answer that was desired by the programme makers.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    What??? People thinking a reality show is contrived? Whatever next? :roll:
  • You'll be telling me that there aren't any jungles in Australia next !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    BigMat wrote:
    Sugar doesn't like a) lawyers and b) people that are cleverer than he is. He came out of that show looking like a tool, whereas the person he sacked came across as a great guy. Agree it isn't real though. They came to our office on a selling task a few years ago (selling lunchtime sandwiches), the whole thing was arranged weeks in advance but was portrayed as a spontaneous final few minutes fire sale. Made me appreciate that the entire thing is stage managed. Sugar will have chosen the winner based on the business plans before they have completed a single task.

My friend had something similar. They called her up and asked for information, contacts, ideas etc. They put a lot of work in, thinking it would get some good TV coverage. The w@nkers then took all their info and did it themselves, behind the co.s back. If it had been Tesco I would have said 'you should know better' but often they're small businesses who get shafted.
  • morstar
    Ok, 3 and a half hours until this weeks eviction.
    I have Dan as favourite to go. If not, it will be the other PM from last week. That's my guess anyhow. Would quite like to see Mark go. Great salesman but one trick pony.
  • morstar wrote:
    Ok, 3 and a half hours until this weeks eviction.
    I have Dan as favourite to go. If not, it will be the other PM from last week. That's my guess anyhow. Would quite like to see Mark go. Great salesman but one trick pony.

Bianca? Waste of space, really... :roll:
    left the forum March 2023
  • morstar

Bianca? Waste of space, really... :roll:
    Yep, I can see that. The one with the squeaky voice can go too. I enjoy the programme, I just haven't taken to any of them this year. The diamond thief is the only credible candidate in my opinion. Mark could be but he's just an uber salesman with no integrity. I am sure he will be successful in life but he's not my cup of tea.