Joanna Lumley's London Garden Bridge - cyclists banned!

2»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,643
    Of course I'm not serious. BTW is there some form of Strava moderation of these segments kind of like Forums have moderators? Regular users of Strava with the power to delete segments if they know them to be or have been told they are dangerous?

Moderators are a waste of space.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,090
    ..., a poncey architect and ...

He may or may not be poncey, but he is a product designer, and most definitely not an architect. If his previous exploits are an indicator (B of the Bang sculpture that had to be dismantled before it fell down; new Routemaster with no openable windows) then perhaps the thing will close six months after opening when all the plants die due to a malfunctioning irrigation system.

I agree the no-cycling is a non issue, especially when set against all the other problems. It's a piss-poor imitation of the Skyline in NY, only making traction because Boris thinks he can pin his name on it and call it a legacy. The amount of public funding for what is supposed to be a privately funded novelty tourist attraction is depressing.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    could they not just raise the top lvl abit so they could have a basic box section passage under then main lvl for cyclists?
  • To call it a bridge is a misrepresentation. It will be a garden over the river. It will only be open during the day and is also available for private hire during the day which means it will be closed to the general public on those days.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Moonbiker wrote:
    could they not just raise the top lvl abit so they could have a basic box section passage under then main lvl for cyclists?
    Because there are bridges either side of the proposed site that cyclists can use. Just as there are normal streets that run parallel to pedestrian only streets. Just as there aren't cycling lanes in swimming pools as it's not frigging appropriate.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem