Knock at top of travel on 2014 Pike?

broona
broona Posts: 414
edited December 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
I've got a Rose Granite Chief 2 with a 150mm Pike fitted, and if I pull the handlebars up sharply, there's a small knock from them, my mate's almost identical bike feels damped right through the travel and there's no knock at all on his.

A quick Google suggests that they may be slightly low on oil from the factory, and my mate at the local LBS said he'd look at that for me this week, just wondering if anyone thought it could be anything else? Cheers.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What speed is your rebound set to?

if it's low on oil it's unlikely to affect rebound when the damper is right at the bottom anyway, only when it's near full bump.

Could be a problem with the rebound stop (bumper).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    My 2014 Rev did something similar after a few weeks of fitting. There was a problem with a seal on the negative chamber apparently (negative chamber holding no air - anyone with an old Dual Air fork will know what an empty negative chamber feels like). I sent mine back under warranty. Working perfectly now 6 months on.
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    mine did this then the rebound basically stopped working had to send them back for warranty repair. used to feel odd when climbing or going over small bumps, it would top out very easily