Hamsterley chain guy.

Rad2474
Rad2474 Posts: 162
edited November 2014 in Routes
My chain snapped today while at Hamsterley, one of the lads in a group gave me his spare chain. I want to trace him as i managed to fix my chain and i would like to return it or at least send him the money for it.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I wouldn't worry, happens a lot. Most of my tubes, masterlinks etc go on strangers.

Works like karma. One day someone will help him, and you'll help someone else.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    cooldad wrote:
    I wouldn't worry, happens a lot. Most of my tubes, masterlinks etc go on strangers.

Works like karma. One day someone will help him, and you'll help someone else.
    This - trail karma.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Do MTB chains snap that often that you need a spare?

BTW is Hamsterley a good place for a roadie to try a bit of MTB?
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Usually a power link does the job but I have completely lost a chain before, it snapped somewhere in a mile long descent and I didn't notice until I was near the end.
    Trail Karma, what comes around goes around. Just remember it when you meet someone in need of a spare part you are carrying.
  • Rad2474
    Rad2474 Posts: 162
    Do MTB chains snap that often that you need a spare?

BTW is Hamsterley a good place for a roadie to try a bit of MTB?
    Yeah it's as easy or difficult as you want it to be.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Karma, otherwise known as pay forward......

I don't carry a full chain, but do carry 3 power links and a short length of chain to replace a damaged section.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.