Looking for a team in Leicester/Loughborough

Shinto
Shinto Posts: 9
edited December 2014 in Road beginners
Hey guys,

I'm looking to join or start a team in Leicester/Loughborough areas if anyone has any advice on where to start looking that would be great, I do around 15 miles a journey so not looking for something too advanced for now but I am wanting to progress to an hell of a lot more mileage in the future, feel free to inbox or comment below if you can help :D

Thank you!

Comments

• cubedean
    cubedean Posts: 670
    Im based in East Leake. So not too far from you.
  • cubedean wrote:

Ah I'm based in Belgrave but travel to and from Loughborough at least 3 times a week :)
  • Check out Leicester Forest CC or Hinckley Road Club. I think Ratae CC is based around Belgrave way.
    Ribble Ultralite Racing 7005, Campagnolo Veloce groupset, Campagnolo Khamsin G3 wheel set
  • cubedean wrote:

Wave when you see a fat git on a black and white Felt with ridiculously bright lights go through :D
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • cubedean
    cubedean wrote:

Wave when you see a fat git on a black and white Felt with ridiculously bright lights go through :D

Ill keep my eyea peeled.
  • East Leake is of course a hotbed of cycling, you only have to watch me trying to get up Castle Hill to see that! All joking aside, I'm sure some lad from here is off riding in Belgium for some feeder team or other.
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • Castle Hill? I always thought Woodgate was the git... coming down it is kind of fun, except for the awful road surface.
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • You're right, Woodgate is horrible for no apparent reason other than the road surface. It just feels steeper than it is plus coming down into East Leake you have to watch out for cars pulling out on you. Castle Hill is just my usual commute route so I do that more often.

Anyway, you can't complain about road surface if you're the man who took a road bike down Lantern Lane (in the wet) can you KB?
    You hear that? He's up there... mewing in the nerve centre of his evil empire. A ground rent increase here, a tax dodge there? he sticks his leg in the air, laughs his cat laugh... and dives back down to grooming his balls!
  • Pretty sure there's a club based in Barrow upon Soar, just outside Loughborough, too – to throw in the mix.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    edited December 2014
    You're right, Woodgate is horrible for no apparent reason other than the road surface. It just feels steeper than it is plus coming down into East Leake you have to watch out for cars pulling out on you. Castle Hill is just my usual commute route so I do that more often.

Anyway, you can't complain about road surface if you're the man who took a road bike down Lantern Lane (in the wet) can you KB?

and on slicks! :lol:

(edit) Strictly speaking we were on CX bikes but had road tyres fitted.

Oh and there is a vid of me topping 30mph down Woodgate with a squeaky bum moment at the Church / Offy junction
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Loughborough Phoenix?

Also ride in and around East Leake alot so if you see someone on a black and white Dolan say hello.
  • I've seen the Woodgate video and near enough replicated once when I ended up riding alongside the driver of a car that pulled out of me. I think he was a bit confused at what a bike was doing at that speed and so close to him!

Going back to the clubs I think there's one over in Wymeswold too. Mind you, at this rate it would seem as though East Leake could near enough manage one.
  • cubedean
    Wymeswold wheelers.

I'll keep my eyes peeled. My bike will stand out so if you see me, say hi.
  • Going back to the original topic: don't the Long Eaton lot meet up on the stretch between West Leake and Sutton Bonington once a week (Wednesday?) I see a lot of cars parking up and people cycling that way in (I think) Long Eaton club colours. I know they're all very friendly and wave as I go past the other way.

(it's the gravel bit just down from the pub, opposite the stables)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Yep they use it in the lighter months. There's a few TT courses around there and East Leake Tri Club have a course as well. Strava has a slight fit with the amount of sections in and around the area!