Black Friday

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited December 2014 in The cake stop
I've had loads of emails today from the various suppliers I've done business with in the past, all offering me deals for Black Friday.

The amusing one was from Halfords, who this Friday have reduced their prices to what everyone else usually charges, way to go Halfords :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Superstar components have 25% off everything. Picked up a pair of Pave 28 wheels :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    I can send you some fresh air in an envelope - 25% off - TODAY ONLY...

Time left available 52 secs...
  • http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30245546

All I wanted or needed to know about this "phenomena" is in that link... wow there are some clowns walking our streets.
  • Earlier I wanted to check something on Curry's website. It told me I was in a queue and would be able to use their site in 1 hour :shock:

Nowt as queer as folk.
    tick - tick - tick
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30245546

All I wanted or needed to know about this "phenomena" is in that link... wow there are some clowns walking our streets.

Yup.

I had a epiphany the other day when I realised that half the population were below average intelligence.

This explains so much; from the popularity programs like Strictly Come Dancing and Eastenders, to why people can't drive along the road in a safe and responsible manner. The world suddenly becomes a much simpler place to understand. :mrgreen:

The older I get, the better I was.

• mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Capt Slog wrote:

I had a epiphany the other day when I realised that half the population were below average intelligence.

You are joking, right?

edit: what I mean is, you know that this is statistics rather than a pointer to how stupid people are?
    Insert bike here:
  • RideOnTime
    metronome wrote:
    Earlier I wanted to check something on Curry's website. It told me I was in a queue and would be able to use their site in 1 hour :shock:

Nowt as queer as folk.

I went on their website - its all sh1te so no bother. I am still on there.

Does that mean I'm stopping someone from getting on it or do I have to be clicking and poking?
  • RideOnTime
    OH NO I'VE LOST MY PLACE...
    IT LOGGED ME OFF...

On the subject as nowt as queer as folk. May be they are queer. Just sayin.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Unfortunately all us small retailers have to follow suit or face no sales.

Oh well. Americanisation.
  • Let's face it ...

Most of the sales were crap!! Most of the cycling related emails I received just offered what they'd normally get around to offering anyway. Tesco crashed, couldn't cope. Curry's asked me to wait in a 37 minute queue!

If you didn't want to wrestle sweaty bods in Asda for a TV at midnight, was it really all that?

Oh ... I did bag a IPad mini for £149 from Tesco online eventually ... Other than that 'twas crap ;)
    Still thinking of something clever to say!
  • The proper black Friday is the Friday before Christmas the pubs are rammed and everyone is in good spirits.

Far better than all this fighting over ipads, xbox's etc. That is until some have had a little too much and spoil it for themselves and others.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.