Issue with 10spd cassette on a sram hub

Northern_Monkey13
Northern_Monkey13 Posts: 79
edited November 2014 in MTB workshop & tech
hi
Just noticed today while cleaning the bike that there's a bit of play on the cassette, the hubs a SRAM Mtb 746 with a Shimano Deore HG50 10sp 11-36 cassette.
The bikes only 3 months old so was a bit surprised to see it.
Any advice be grateful

Tia

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Play which way, rotational or what?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Sorry back and forth, if u hold it with fingers top and bottom there's play going towards from and back to spokes, hope that makes sense.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the free hub body is not moving?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Not what I can see, I'll check again when I get in later
  • The Rookie
    Much more likely to be the freehub moving against the axle/hub than the cassette on the freehub.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • So would u say it's a take it back warranty issue?
    Thanks for advice so far
  • The Rookie
    Worth amount as a warranty claim, yes.