Man Cave advice

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2014 in Commuting chat
Do you have a man cave? Any tips or pointers for equipment or set up for this man cave? Do you use your garage or shed? (My garage is enbloc, so may not be practical).
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Best to ask the mouse if it'd prefer the garage or shed before you pick the wrong room.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    I have a couple but the main one is purpose built at bottom of the garden, which contains gym, music stuff & tools.

Fully insulated, electrics installed, remote heater (can turn it on from house), secure & wifi
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Pufftmw wrote:
    I have a couple but the main one is purpose built at bottom of the garden, which contains gym, music stuff & tools.

Fully insulated, electrics installed, remote heater (can turn it on from house), secure & wifi
    Jealous. Built yourself or got people in? Rough ballpark on cost?
    My garden is almost useless given how close it is to a noisy main road, the idea of a gym at the end is very appealing.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • This cave is for someone else then?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • vermin
    vermin Posts: 1,739
    dhope wrote:
    Best to ask the mouse if it'd prefer the garage or shed before you pick the wrong room.

Don't bring me into this - you know we always fight. :wink:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Garage, shed is very much second best. Unless you have a brick built shed that's big enough to get a car into. You need power, tools and music and the ability to use them without causing injury. A beer fridge is quite useful, although you can always go back to the house for beer.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Surely it should just be called "cave" to prevent the womenfolk taking offence :)
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • NeXXus wrote:
    Surely it should just be called "cave" to prevent the womenfolk taking offence :)

Not necessary as they have a kitchen.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    This cave is for someone else then?

No, he needs somewhere to store his collection of Athena and Claris groupsets.

I have a man house. I'm not sure if I would recommend this though! :oops:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Man dungeon?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    dhope wrote:
    Pufftmw wrote:

Jealous. Built yourself or got people in? Rough ballpark on cost?
    My garden is almost useless given how close it is to a noisy main road, the idea of a gym at the end is very appealing.

Cost about £3k all in I would have said, sourced as much as possible via eBay such as bricks, door/windows & the rest of it was mainly labour. I did the 1st/2nd fix electrics and got a sparky to check & connect to the house. Single skin but insulated plasterboard on the inside. It's just tall enough for my multi-gym. 3.5mx2.5m