Completed Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 build

Fabius
Fabius Posts: 56
edited November 2014 in Cyclocross
Here is my newly finished 'all rounder for winter' build.

Frame - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6
Wheels - Race25 from wheelsmith.co.uk
Brakes - TRP Spyre disc 160
Shifters - 105 5800 sti
FD - 105 5800
RD - 105 5800 GS
Crank - 105 5800 50/34
Cassette - Ultegra 6800 11-32
Chain -KMC X11-L
Tyres - Continental CX Speed
Bars - Ritchey Comp Road Curve
Seatpost - Ritchey Comp
Stem - Ritchey Comp 4-Axis

X9bmFDf.jpg
WERHzvm.jpg

Comments

• Very nice. My Pro6 frame in sick green arrived a few days ago. Wheels already on the way but I can't decide whether to go for the TRP Spyres like you or the hydraulic Shimano R685s
    Basso Astra
    Principia Ellipse SX
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Kinesis Crosslight Pro Disc
  • Fabius
    Fabius Posts: 56
    Thanks. To be honest the hydraulic option is quite a bit more money. I have two hardtails, one hydraulic and one mechanical with avid bb5. The mechanical provide plenty enough stopping power on a bike at that's least 30lbs. With that experience I opted to spend the saving on wheels and clothing.

I need some better pads as the stock ones with the trp are not the best but setup has been simple and they work just fine.
  • oldbazza
    oldbazza Posts: 646
    That's nice,do like Kinesis bikes.

I have the spyres on my Planet x xls and the only problem I have is the noise they make in the wet,they work fine but make a right old racket if it's raining;still on the stock pads(and discs) so might try some others sometime.
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I've been running mine for a couple of years now and still love it. I upgraded from bb7s to a Parabox hydraulic converter a while ago. Less adjustment and better feel with the hydraulic. I would expect full hydraulic to feel a bit better again and would go for that given the choice.
    The pads on the BB7s were really noisy in the wet, but they worked which is more important. The pads that came with the Parabox are not quite as noisy, but still work well in the wet. I suspect it may be that most organic type pads tend to be noisy in the wet. I have found that if I don't use it fairly hard every now and then I can glaze the rear pads so tend to brake sharply with the back every now and then to prevent this.
    I normally use it for year round commuting so it has full guards on and 37 mm Vittoria Randonneur Pro Cross tyres on it at the moment. But I take the guards off and take it off roading at times including 80 mile of London to Brighton off road this year.
    Overall a great all rounder and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Enjoy.