Cannondale Synapse

jok5
jok5 Posts: 46
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Question.. Have put a deposit down on the £2000 Cannondale Synapse Ultegra... I'm in a pickle.. Do I go the extra £500 and get the disc break version at £2500. These is a review on the disc break version and it gets 5/5. What's everyone's thoughts. Baring in mind I'm not struck on the baby blue colour of the £2000 version.

Comments

• Philby
    Philby Posts: 328
    The 105 non-disc version won Cycling Plus Bike of the Year earlier this year, so a highly rated bike either with or without discs.

There is less need for discs if you are using the bike as a Sunday best bike. If you are going to use it through winter discs make a bit more sense. People have been cycling for decades without discs and IMO they spoil the look of a bike.

I agree with you on the baby blue colour - on that alone I wouldn't buy the Synapse as you've got to like the look of your bike.
  • I would go for the disk one, its the future ;-)
  • I would go for the disk one, its the future ;-)

If it's the right disk standard that is :lol:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I wouldn't be contemplating parting with £2000 for a bike I didn't like the look of :shock:

For that kind of money a bike should produce a little stirring in the trouser area. For God's sake man, find a bike that you fancy!