Ultegra R560 long drop brakes with SRAM Apex levers?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi. Was thinking of upgrading the Miche Performance long drop brakes on my winter bike to the R560's. During a very wet ride on Sunday I have to say I really noticed how much worse they were than my Force calipers on the summer bike, or the TRP discs on my crosser. I have Swissstop greens fitted to the Miche calipers but I hear the R560's might be more powerful still.

Would they work ok with SRAM levers?
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• Yes fine as I have used them in the past with Sram S500 levers all ok.
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    They'll work, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much re increased power - long drops aren't particularly powerful, and nothing like your discs.
  • Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    I run an R650 with a gutted SRAM Rival lever on the front of my single speed and the braking is excellent. I really only ever use the front brake so only invested in the front R650. Compared to the generic long drop I have on the rear it's way more powerful, I realize the rear will never match the front for power but the R650 is easily as good as the normal drop 105/Rival setup on my road bike.