Fort William

divingmoose
divingmoose Posts: 540
edited November 2014 in Routes
Hi
Anyone got any details of good b&b near fort William as going to the World Cup next year
Thanks

Comments

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    I wouldn't want to give details of my favourite Incase it gets booked out! Trip advisor.
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    When I go its usually the glen nevis hostel or campsite. Cheap as and in a cool place.
  • UH DH
    UH DH Posts: 4,160
    Fort William is stuffed full of B&B's, and they're usually pretty good. Book really early though or you'll be sleeping rough.

I usually stay at the Stronchreggan B&B about a mile out of Fort William. Nice place, decent breakfasts. Not good if you've got to get the bus to the World Cup. Only reason we get away with it is because we are in charge of site access and parking, so we need a car to be able to run off somewhere as needed.

I advise getting a B&B near the town, so avoid along the A82 south out of Fort William. Failing that, around the High Schoool area. Reasons being that those are the main bus routes for the park and ride. If you take a car, you'll not be able to drive down to Nevis Range over the event weekend, there is parking at the auction mart, but they usually charge around £5 a day. It does have shuttles, but when it comes to the end of the event, we tend to stop the shuttles completely to focus on the main bus routes, so you'll be walking back.

The good news if you use park and ride, is that we're getting quite good at organising those queues, so times to get on a bus are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

And just to warn you, if you get bright ideas like camping along the road down to Nevis Range, or trying to pitch up in the forestry carpark, you will get moved on by site security, and then by the police. The whole event has n exclusion order from thursday to monday morning, so all access is restricted.

That said. it's apparently a good time. I wouldn't know, I've been stuck on the front gates the last 4 years.
    Check out my site - http://www.trail-dog.co.uk
    It's good for you.