Dad and daughter

2»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    £500, I bought one for our daughter with some of the payout for my hand. Problem is now I have her birthday and Christmas to contend with. Told both kids they shouldn't expect too much as they know they both got bought expensive presents due to an unusual windfall. Now we find ourselves asking what else they want as they haven't asked for much.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Veronese68 wrote:
    £500, I bought one for our daughter with some of the payout for my hand. Problem is now I have her birthday and Christmas to contend with. Told both kids they shouldn't expect too much as they know they both got bought expensive presents due to an unusual windfall. Now we find ourselves asking what else they want as they haven't asked for much.
    I've already been quoted £20 short of that and told it would likely turn up on the credit card statement :evil: So my pressie to myself to compensate is a longer ski break than normal :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Went out today with my daughter for our annual xmas shopping trip (basically to get Mrs Tanks pressies) and a hearty meal and a few pints(for me) a glass of mineral water for my daughter. I just love it. I spend plenty cash on things she would not buy herself but I love her to bits and can't resist.
    How many of you dads out there feel/do the same?
    I do. The number of times I've taken your daughter out for a drink (and your wife too come to think of it) is in double figures now.They're nice, but 'love them to bits' is a bit strong. I assume they're yours; they spend most of the time wittering on about this left-wing politico obsessed with the class war and that nice Mrs Thatcher. We have a larf over a bottle of red and go our separate ways again.

HTH. :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    At this rate, the Saville enquiry boys will be knocking on your door CiB.

Just had a dad and daughters day that was tops. It did not involve shopping but it did involve a return bus trip (easier than taking the car) narrated by a mixed up topsy turvy version of 'The wheels on the bus go...' sung by Thing 2 (28 months) which entertained the other passengers and it did involve a trip to Dnisi coffee where they had fruit scones and a bit of dad's xmas pud which went to Thing 2's head and she promptly fell asleep a little bit later.

"The wheels of the bus go beep beep beep wound and wound beep beep beep..."
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CiB
    At this rate, the Saville enquiry boys will be knocking on your door CiB.
    Can't see why. Old Frank comes across a stuck-in-the-past trade unionist agitator whose best days were the mid 70s and by the time Mrs T was in full flow he was sitting around waiting for his gold plate pension to kick in. That would make any daughter of his (and his wife) smack bang in the middle of my ideal age range for women, 19-97. Not much wrong with that. :wink:
  • I'm no "stuck in the past trade unionist" but that bitch Thatcher f**ked our great nation up, she slaughtered our manufacturing in favour of the financial sector. Ordinary working people were thrown on the scrap heap and left with no real future to look forward to, and our nation has been on the slide ever since. 10 years+ under Tory Blair didn't help matters either.

WTF this has to do with me having a pleasant afternoon out with my daughter I don't know CiB?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • BTW I have no "gold plated pension" .

Why did you assume that?
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    BTW I have no "gold plated pension" .

Why did you assume that?

CiB spends most of his time in Pro Race. That's what happens when the racing stops - they start to wander out of their pens and attempt to form opinions on things other than cycling. I am surprised he hasn't accused you of doping after such a long cycle ride. :wink:

Whilst i'm at it, what are you taking FtT?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • CiB
    I'm no "stuck in the past trade unionist" but that ***** Thatcher f**ked our great nation up, she slaughtered our manufacturing in favour of the financial sector. Ordinary working people were thrown on the scrap heap and left with no real future to look forward to, and our nation has been on the slide ever since. 10 years+ under Tory Blair didn't help matters either.

WTF this has to do with me having a pleasant afternoon out with my daughter I don't know CiB?
    Aah I remember when people had a sense of humour and didn't need jokes explaining. Never mind FtT. Carry on.

:roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I'm away for work quite a lot so tend to spend as much time with n1 child and n2 child as I can - small things like just hangin' out, grabbing a hot chocolate, walking the dog - all without TDM around so its "special" time.

I tend not to buy them anything as they have everything they want (not spoilt as they don't actually ask for much, just satisfied) and they enjoy just hangin' out. We're more three kids than dad and and sprogs.

Best times are Saturday mornings - the three of us head into town, grab a coffee and a couple of hot chocolates at a friend's coffee shop and just chill in each other's company.

Other highlights are hangin' in the garage with n2 child in the comfy seat there tucked behind workstand and hanging bikes - "secret" sweets, book reading and a good old fashioned cuddle. N1 child time is generally spent being silly buggers :)

First big cuddle when you fly in from being away is the nicest, especially if you've been away for ages.

Right - enough of that marshmallow soft shyyyyte - back to shouting at crap hats.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    I just hope that mine do not end up like their dad....er that's me.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll: