Rockrider 520s

Connorscotland
Connorscotland Posts: 34
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Just sold on my trusty Carrera Vulcan and have decided I want a full sus.

This is not my main hobby, cars are and the RS's get all my money for now.

Anyway I was in Glasgow and tested this out at the Decathlon store, its actually a not too bad a bike.
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-52 ... 08678.html

For an entry level full sus it seems to tick the boxes for me.

Anyways is there anything else around he £400 - £650 price range? I know I could buy 2nd hand but want a new bike.

Comments

• Also spotted a Carrera Banshee but have read not so good reviews about them. Theres one in Halfords but haven't had the time to have a deek at it.
  • Anyone??
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Huh? Banshee is £320 more expensive, and heavier. Doesn't necessarily mean the 520 S is good, but "for the money" not sure you can say the Banshee is that much better value.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The banshee's are a very different bike to the RR, much harder hitting and fitted with heavier components to suite, if you want a lightweight FS XC/trail bike the RR is better, for something quite a bit more Gnarly the Banshee is a good budget option.

The banshee has a better fork (Raidon v XCR), and a more complex rear suspension (suiting it's role), the RR has better drivetrain and more reliable brakes.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I've had a shot of both bikes now and prefer the RR.

What's better suited for red trail centre trails etc.

The RR looks easily upgradeable, my mate has a new fox rear shock which would fit with no issue as a good upgrade and is lockable.

The rr seemed better quality imo aswell.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The RR is the best sub £500 trail full susser there is.