Boardman Team HT 650b

alex100a
alex100a Posts: 84
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
Afternoon guys,

A friend has today offered my his Boardman Team HT 650b that be purchased earlier this year and has barely ridden. I thinks it only ever seen a few hundred mile of tarmac so it pretty much as new.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... -650b-2014

I was looking for a bike with mainly Shimano gears and brakes and hence had not really considered these before.

I realise this is now Bird, on-one etc but it come in well under my budget and leaves me some money to upgrade a few bits it I want.

Has anyone on here got one or ridden one? I would really appreciate any feedback you may have before I commit either way.

The bike will generally be used for trail centres and bridleways with a little tarmac mixed in.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What is it with Boardman riders not riding?

viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12988871
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    But depends what he's selling it to you for. £1, £100, £1000?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Indeed cooldad it appears many buy them to store away in their garages!

He indicated he would take just over £400 for it. All as originally supplied by Halfords.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    For that price I would go for it. Good deal.
  • Ditto. Good deal.
    I've got Soul.
  • cooldad
    Sounds about right. Nice bike, decent price if it's pretty perfect.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • matzou
    matzou Posts: 19
    If it's fitting you go for it @ 400£ it's a bargain. :>
    Commencal meta ht race 650b :) Broaappp :)
  • Thanks for the replies.

Had a look over the bike this morning and a quick test ride. The bike has not got a mark on it and rides almost perfectly but does need the gears adjusted, which I'm sure I can manage.

£450 including new Cateye lights, floor pump (with gauge), inner tube, brand new road helmet (for the wife!) so I'm quite pleased really.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Bargainlishes..... Now get out there and get the poor thing muddy and battle scarred as it deserves!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Good Bike for Good price.
    Chap at work has one as his daily ride- bulletproof
    When you get it if pop into your local halfords and let them know

“you recently bought this bike and would like a 6wk service as its gears have gone out of adjustment they will be happy to do this for you and sorry it has happened” ;-)

Then Get Out & Ride!
  • cooldad
    When you get it if pop into your local halfords and let them know

“you recently bought this bike and would like a 6wk service as its gears have gone out of adjustment they will be happy to do this for you and sorry it has happened” ;-)

Why?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • alex100a wrote:
    Had a look over the bike this morning and a quick test ride. The bike has not got a mark on it and rides almost perfectly but does need the gears adjusted, which I'm sure I can manage.

Gears will be adjusted to work correctly and would be good to introduce and chat to local store should there be any problems in the future. They may also notice something he has not early on in his ownership.
  • cooldad
    A two minute fiddle with the barrel adjuster is a hell of a lot easier than a visit to Halfords, which is often a hit or miss exercise.

And it's not exactly six weeks old.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools