Bugdet hardtail 26" wheel 18" size frame

Moonbiker
Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
High im after a frame thats not to heavy say sub 2000g.

Was interested in the on one scandal but they aren't in stock atm?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROO26SCVD/ ... pout-frame

Anything around that can match this frame for price & spec?

Thy have the inbreds in stock bur they weigh loads more as cromoly...

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I presume you are after a frame then, your post doesn't make that clear!

Many mid 2000's frames will suite what you want, Carrera, Boardman, Rockhopper etc etc, I'd be looking used, after about 2008 most frames started to get heavier....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I presume you are after a frame then, your post doesn't make that clear!

Yeah im after a frame.

Why do they get heavier after 2008?

Seems alot of modern bugdet mtb as full sus "DH type" beasts that weight 18kg (might be abit of an exaggeration) you see then around everywhere ridden by people alot of then than never even venture anywhere near DH stuff.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's a frame. I'd check the BB threading first to make sure it's British threaded or you could have a hassle finding stuff to fit.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Later frames are heavier as the CEN test has meant adding more strength, additionally manufacturers are cutting costs to try and keep bikes at price points.

My 2006 Carrera frame is sub 1750g, the 2009 was about 1850g and the current one about 2050g.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.