TFI Friday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,871
edited November 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning

Up and ready for a day of meetings in Solihull - which means the normal Friday family pub visit is in danger as the chances of getting home at a reasonable time are low :(

Right onwards to porridge and paying £5.50 just to drive on a clearer bit of Tarmac

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning ladies,

Been on a brick laying course this week, no interwebz hence my absence from here, anyhoo!

My back is aching like a good un from laying bricks when usually it aches from doing all your WAGs!

Today is lie in, shop-shoppy-shop, some sports based activity and bacons (not necesarily in that order) but first a quick walk.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Morning numbnuts,
    Out on the beer again last night, didn't have quite so many so I'm not feeling too bad. Fryday today so we all know what that means, fried dead porkers for me.
    Until then tea and biscuits.
  • Morning Losers!

I'm in mixed feelings about Friday, it means I've only a weekend to go before I'm back at the hell hole prison cell known as work.
    I've not really had much time to relax this week, so I'm not classing it as a proper week off. However, not long till Christmas... :( Bah Humbug.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Larger of the two smalls has had me up since 4am so missing my bed. Picked the wrong week to go back to work. Looking forward to a nice large glass of whisky to see me off to sleep tonight as I have a full weekend of looking after both smalls. What joy.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning mongs!
    Haven't been on here for a while so I thought I'd drop in.
    Sat on the sofa listening to builders installing our woodburner, can't wait to get it going and warm the house up properly.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning mongs!
    Sat on the sofa listening to builders installing our woodburner, can't wait to get it going and warm the house up properly.
    We've got a wood burner, never used it yet, seems like a lot of hassle compared to the central heating.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning mongs!
    We've got a wood burner, never used it yet, seems like a lot of hassle compared to the central heating.

Cheaper than central heating when you have a free supply of hardwood.

Planning on getting our utility bills down to less than £30 a month, already at £66. Discussing a direct purchase of new PV panels to eventually get this zero and a regular income, it's easier than we thought, costs around a third of retail fitted, and the paperwork involved isn't difficult to fill in. And yes we do have sky, massive TV, phones PS4 etc....
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Discussing a direct purchase of new PV panels to eventually get this zero and a regular income,
    Better be quick, the government is planning on preventing new buyers from earning money from anything excess that they generate as they've realised it could cost a fortune and the big suppliers could screw everyone else over. Not sure where they're up to in the discussions, but I imagine it could be soon
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Back in blighty now but feeling knackered as I forced the body to bed at UK time and it woke me up on Indian time!

Out to see the latest Hunger Games movie tonight (although there are no more hunger games!)....hope I stay awake!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning mongs!

We've got a couple and I think they are fantastic - especially if you get the wife to empty and clean them :)
  • bg13
    i travelled on public transport today, i now know what it would be like to be an extra in 'The Walking Dead!'

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • bg13
    ps Tescos had xmas music on today! Bit early for me, had the tune in my head for the rest of my shop!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    bg13 wrote:
    ps Tescos had xmas music on today! Bit early for me, had the tune in my head for the rest of my shop!
    You mean it was in your head until you left Tesco's?
    That would be the music playing in the shop, not just your head. Do they lobotomise you as part off the bricky training? :P
  • bg13
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    You mean it was in your head until you left Tesco's?
    That would be the music playing in the shop, not just your head. Do they lobotomise you as part off the bricky training? :P

i'm not reet clever but i can lift heavy weights!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Evening mongs, think I missed most of today in a blur of work. Farkin knackered now and pedalling didn't help either! Only a week till BPW though 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]