best hydraulic brakes for a jump bike?!

kenneeeh
kenneeeh Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
so i'm really getting into jump biking and tricking and now want to upgrade my specialized p1, i want a hydraulic brake because i want a hydraulic gyro (trickstuff trixer) .I know it might sound a bit technical but what would be an ideal hydraulic brake that would be compatible with the gyro? many thanks.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Any. Just get the correct version for the fluid you are using.

But TBH it is a backward step. Mechanical disc brakes are better for jump bikes if you are using it as a jump bike.

They work as well as needed and are way way cheaper to fix.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Oh ok cheers man .Was just wondering cause im currently running avid bb5's and theyre a bit worn and i want to start trying some spin tricks
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Get a standard cable gyro - that hydraulic one looks tidy, but is gonna be a pain in the arse when it goes wrong.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Just run a long cable like most other dirt jumpers do, and it you must run a front brake get a star-nut and top-cap with a cable hole in. Gyros reduce your braking power considerably, and they look "wack" ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Just run a back brake and enough hose for bar spins.