Stolen bike - Bristol

PresumingEd
PresumingEd Posts: 82
edited November 2014 in Commuting chat
Well my first week commuting into Bristol was great last week; felt the place was very bike friendly and had the chance to explore a bit on the way home (which usually turned into me simply getting lost a lot!)

This week hasn't started quite so well. I was nearly squished by a bus on the way in (the driver totally ignoring the wide and clearly marked bike lane) and then cam out of work to find my bike had gone; the lock was clearly not good enough as it had been snipped straight through.

Back to the bloody train tomorrow!

PS. If anyone in the Bristol area sees a blue and white Scott Speedster for sale please let me know

Comments

• leeefm
    leeefm Posts: 260
    Sorry to hear that. Don't let it put you off the bike though... We had a bike nicked outside our workplace not long ago. The thief chose the bike with the weakest lock, even though it was the cheapest bike there, so I guess having a good lock is a bit of a deterrent.

Any CCTV footage available? Sometimes thieves are known to the coppers and they can get hold of them sharpish.
    Shand Skinnymalinky
    Argon 18 Radon
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I take it you posted here: viewforum.php?f=40027
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Put a search on eBay and keep checking gumtree, careful of deliberate miss spellings to avoid specific searches.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stupidly forgot about the stolen bike section of the forum. Have added the details now; thanks for the heads up Initialised.

Back on a bike tomorrow; my sister has just brought round my old bike which I had lent her a couple of years ago (it's a bit small for me really but better than no bike). Need to pick up a D lock on the way in!!