Ridley Fenix Disc Di2?

yaya
yaya Posts: 411
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Starting to look at my next bike...have always been buying 2nd hand frames and building the bike with new or existing bits and wheels...
I recently had a massive heart surgery and a new bike (possibly in the spring) will help with motivation and will serve as a carrot while I work on my recovery (slow process, but I should be able to get on the turbo in 3-4 weeks and on the road in around 2 months).
The Ridley Fenix Disc, from what I read seems to tick most or all the boxes for me: Looks, comfort, handling, weight and being a bit different than my 2010 Defy advanced.
Ridley were showing it at Eurobike with a Di2 groupset but I cannot see it anywhere else. I wrote to them and while I'm waiting for a reply I am wondering if anyone on here has seen it? Has anyone here ridden the Fenix (any of the carbon models) and if you have any thoughts? Are there any dealers in the UK who can offer a custom build?

Thanks!

Comments

• amack
    amack Posts: 70
    That Di2 version was only for the Eurobike, I'm pretty certain it's only available 105 or ultegra.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    Good luck with the rehab yaya. Listen to your physio and don't go faster than they are comfortable with, no matter how tempted.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • yaya
    yaya Posts: 411
    Thanks guys, appreciated!