new continental baron projekt

Bigun6767
Bigun6767 Posts: 81
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
I was just looking at these http://enduro-mtb.com/en/team-tested-ne ... ype-baron/ does anyone know when the new continental baron projekt will be released? They look just what I'm looking for tread wise and conti have improved the sidewalls. Loads of previews but no sellers (not even Cambrian tyres!)

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    Christmas at the earliest is what conti told me. however, I'd not replace my current baron with it though.
  • Thanks for the info POAH, I had a set of Barons but they were the cheaper wire bead, non black chilli versions. I couldn't seem to get on with them ..very slippy on wet rocks and roots. At the time I was using them on a Merida xc hardtail. Now I have a Marin Mount Vision full sus,they may be different? What type are you using and why wouldn't you change?
  • poah
    BC versions from Zee germans - used them at innerleithen and the local slop. the newer ones don't see as aggressive as the current ones which I bought for the current Scottish conditions. The new ones are marketed as an all rounder unlike the current ones. I may be proved wrong though. maybe good as a back tyre for more volume, the current 2.3 is pretty small
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    POAH did you ride the Uplift at Inners with the Barons?
    Im down on Saturday with a few mates and looking
    forward to it,but kinda apprehensive too,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • poah
    hainman wrote:
    POAH did you ride the Uplift at Inners with the Barons?
    Im down on Saturday with a few mates and looking
    forward to it,but kinda apprehensive too,

yeah uplift. only managed two runs of make or brake/caddon bank and one of the gold run. only issue I had on the gold run was my skill level tyre was brilliant. I'll be there on the 29th too