fluided Posts: 114
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Not sure which one to go for

Has anyone seen both jackets and is one better than the other

Cheers

Comments

• andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    I've not seen the Sugoi, but have tried on the Proviz in halfrauds.
    With a 44" chest, the L fitted okay until I stretched forward, and the sleeves rode up my arms, the XL was needed to give me decent coverage over my wrists, but seemed to baggy on the torso.
    I also had a feeling it would be very sweaty if I put in any amount of effort, especially with a backpack on. Probably due to the type of material used to get the reflective properties, it felt more plasticky than the Altura/Endura jackets I've been looking at
    Shame, as you can get it for under £60 if you reserve online and use BC discount
  • Andy9964 wrote:
    I've not seen the Sugoi, but have tried on the Proviz in halfrauds.
    With a 44" chest, the L fitted okay until I stretched forward, and the sleeves rode up my arms, the XL was needed to give me decent coverage over my wrists, but seemed to baggy on the torso.
    I also had a feeling it would be very sweaty if I put in any amount of effort, especially with a backpack on. Probably due to the type of material used to get the reflective properties, it felt more plasticky than the Altura/Endura jackets I've been looking at
    Shame, as you can get it for under £60 if you reserve online and use BC discount

More or less what I thought when I tried one on in my LBS although I've a 41" chest so the medium fits me better.
    It's certainly not a light weight jacket like my altura Varium.
    I'm still recovering from shoulder surgery but once I've got the all clear from the consultant I'll be commuting and I'll probably get the proviz.