Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

Abusive roadie in Shirenewton

crakercraker Posts: 2,060
edited November 2014 in The cake stop
If you're the roadie who has just ridden through Shirenewton and narrowly missed a group of school children crossing the road, I hope you feel like a censored .

Me, on sighting roadie coming down the hill towards us at ~30 mph 'Careful mate there are children on the road'
Him 'Get off the road you t4at'
Me - Expletives
Other parents and children also looked rather shocked by the cyclist's behaviour.

Wouldn't expect that from WVM to be honest.

</rant>

Posts

  • ukiboyukiboy Posts: 891
    Sad... But not entirely surprising; I encounter many cyclists in London on my daily commute who have some sort of misguided sense of entitlement - only they are important on the road and only their journey is important and valid so every other pleb best get out of their way.. Many roadies seem to be the worst culprits, heaven forbid that other road users impact upon their ability to maintain an average speed of 20mph :-0
    A t4at is a t4at regardless of method of transport...
    Outside the rat race and proud of it
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,692
    It's spelt tw4t
  • CiBCiB Posts: 6,098
    coriordan wrote:
    It's spelt tw4t
    Excellent pedantry there. 10/10
  • craker wrote:
    If you're the roadie who has just ridden through Shirenewton and narrowly missed a group of school children crossing the road, I hope you feel like a censored .

    Me, on sighting roadie coming down the hill towards us at ~30 mph 'Careful mate there are children on the road'
    Him 'Get off the road you t4at'
    Me - Expletives
    Other parents and children also looked rather shocked by the cyclist's behaviour.

    Wouldn't expect that from WVM to be honest.

    </rant>

    Am I missing something here? You say you swore at him? in front of same kids? no wonder they looked shocked :roll:

    to me it sounds like you were no better than he was! and in anycase (unless they were under control of a lollypop person) why were the kids crossing the road with a cyclist fast approaching? would they have stepped out in front of a truck doing 25mph?
  • rrsodlrrsodl Posts: 486
    Lookyhere wrote:
    craker wrote:
    If you're the roadie who has just ridden through Shirenewton and narrowly missed a group of school children crossing the road, I hope you feel like a censored .

    Me, on sighting roadie coming down the hill towards us at ~30 mph 'Careful mate there are children on the road'
    Him 'Get off the road you t4at'
    Me - Expletives
    Other parents and children also looked rather shocked by the cyclist's behaviour.

    Wouldn't expect that from WVM to be honest.

    </rant>

    Am I missing something here? You say you swore at him? in front of same kids? no wonder they looked shocked :roll:

    to me it sounds like you were no better than he was! and in anycase (unless they were under control of a lollypop person) why were the kids crossing the road with a cyclist fast approaching? would they have stepped out in front of a truck doing 25mph?

    You could do with a bit of practice in reading and comprehension.
  • crakercraker Posts: 2,060
    Lookyhere wrote:
    to me it sounds like you were no better than he was! and in anycase (unless they were under control of a lollypop person) why were the kids crossing the road with a cyclist fast approaching? would they have stepped out in front of a truck doing 25mph?

    Well, getting towards dusk on a windy road coming from behind a parked car (dark clothing, no lights) ... yes we were a bit late seeing him but children are a bit like sheep and the last of them were slow getting across. I think maybe if he'd stopped peddling rather that carrying on towards us at full pelt there would have been no issue. (Hang on, there was no issue just a foul mouthed ar5e on a bike).

    If you're doing 30 towards a group of children crossing the road whether its your right of way or not you must be some kind of twunt to keep your speed up and then shout abuse as you go past.
  • me-109me-109 Posts: 1,369
    But think of the Strava segment time :-|
  • GiraffotoGiraffoto Posts: 2,078
    me-109 wrote:
    But think of the Strava segment time :-|

    That could have been what was happening. . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    CiB wrote:
    coriordan wrote:
    It's spelt tw4t
    Excellent pedantry there. 10/10


    [email protected] actually.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • I've seen similar on a mixed use path along a seafront promenade before now. Some head down, bum in the air Tw4t flowing past toddlers with a foot space between them. No swearing but only because he was away too quickly for me to get it out.

    BTW i read it as the cyclist swore first and then the OP replied in his sort of language with expletives. Not wise to lower yourself to his level but I understand how it can feel like your kid has just excaped injury because of another's actions. The language just rises with your anger and comes out.
  • bompingtonbompington Posts: 7,604
    I've seen similar on a mixed use path along a seafront promenade before now. Some head down, bum in the air Tw4t flowing past toddlers with a foot space between them. No swearing but only because he was away too quickly for me to get it out.
    Now I'm getting a little confused with these two threads here and I have no idea where reality starts and ends. However, I think it is clear that in any circumstances there is a great deal of difference between cycling fast on a road and doing so on a mixed use path.

    As for the abusive pedestrian and the abusive roadie, they are clearly both twàt$.
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    I've seen similar on a mixed use path along a seafront promenade before now. Some head down, bum in the air Tw4t flowing past toddlers with a foot space between them. No swearing but only because he was away too quickly for me to get it out.

    BTW i read it as the cyclist swore first and then the OP replied in his sort of language with expletives. Not wise to lower yourself to his level but I understand how it can feel like your kid has just excaped injury because of another's actions. The language just rises with your anger and comes out.

    its [email protected] actually.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • FishFishFishFish Posts: 2,152
    bompington wrote:

    As for the abusive pedestrian and the abusive roadie, they are clearly both twàt$.


    Its [email protected] actually.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

    jeez :roll:
  • bompingtonbompington Posts: 7,604
    FishFish wrote:
    Its [email protected] actually.
    It's it's actually
Sign In or Register to comment.