Alp Tdf Comedy Festival... would you go?

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,550
edited November 2014 in Pro race
My mates organise Altitude Comedy Festival in Mayrhofen

http://www.altitudefestival.com/

Stupid idea time... if we were to organise a similar 3 or 4 day event in the Alps or Pyrenees to coincide with TdF stages would people go?

Just imagine 3 nights somewhere close to the route with the likes of Al Murray, John Bishop etc road testing their stuff for the following month's Edinburgh Festival.

The big festival in Wharfdale worked fantastically this summer for bands, so why not comedy in the Alps?

Thoughts please?

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    After going to the Fringe last year - I'd definitely be up for this - if I was in the Alps for the tour.

I've been a few times and stuck for stuff to do at night. Although I do have vague memories of some strange dancing bar on top of the Alpe with cowgirls ??
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    cougie wrote:
    Although I do have vague memories of some strange dancing bar on top of the Alpe with cowgirls ??
    Where do we sign up for this?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If I'd paid for tickets for comedy and had to make my way there through all the post-race TDF traffic whilst also having to work out where I was staying in order to make it work it would put me off... and I love going to see stand-up comedy. I think it would be difficult for people to plan around, but good for english-speaking people for whom it just so happened to end up being on their doorstep.

You'd also have to take into account cost I suppose, because the travelling Brits are already committing funds to get to see the Tour.