3/4 length MTB shorts

Sprool
Sprool Posts: 1,022
edited November 2014 in MTB buying advice
Anyone know where I can get a decent pair of 3/4 length MTB shorts without breaking the bank? (i.e.: under £45)
Comfort is an obvious priority, also looking for some that won't get too sweaty, unlike the £35 MTB shorts I bought off eBay last month which are heavy and hot.

Comments

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    try places like Go Outdoors etc.

you should be able to find something in places like them but they wont be mtb specific but just as good.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Endurance Humvee 3/4. Baggy, waterproof, comfy, etc etc. Just buy a size up.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    CitizenLee wrote:

This seems to be the received wisdom, and I popped down to Evans the other day to try some on. The medium (which Altura recommend for 33"-35") fitted comfortably, but with not much room for expansion - I'm about a 33" waist normally, so maybe take the size guide's lower figure as more of a mid-point for each size.

Interestingly, I bought some Altura Mayhems the other day, and already have some Ascents and they're both perfect in the medium size, with the waist adjusters on their lower limit, so I reckon the size guide is pretty much spot-on for everything except the Humvees.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Yeah I find their other stuff seems to be sized perfectly too, weird that!

Also, just to note I meant Endura not Endruance.... stupid auto-correct! :)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • CitizenLee wrote:

^^^^^^^^^ This. They are excellent.