Singlespeed wheel build

weaty
weaty Posts: 122
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi
I would like to build a new wheel for my on one pompino. I have been using it for a bit of cyclocross and want more gear optionsand a nicer wheel. I have been looking at some of the singlespeed hubs with a mini free hub, does anyone know anything about them, are they any good ?
I dont want to spend too much on one so not looking at chris king or anything like that.
Cheers

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/nova ... prod111151

Doubt you'll find a better hub for the 2x the price - pretty robust, easy to service and decent spares availability
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • weaty
    Thanks Monty I had been looking at that one but it is QR only and I need a bolt on for my frame, I had also seen the wtb ones on there and wondered if they were any good ?
  • What exactly are you looking for?

disc brake, 135 mm, bolt on and single speed free hub or multi speed free hub?
    left the forum March 2023
  • weaty
    I sort of want to keep my options open, At the moment I have a pompino with 135 spaceing, So just a nice robust wheel to comute and do the rest of the cross season on. If my knees hold up ok I might get a disc ss cross frame for next season, though I dont which frame yet. The wheel I have is ok but the rim is old and I want a different option to buying heavy freewheels all the time.
    Any help or ideas are very welcome
  • weaty
    Oh Yes, so singlespeed free hub :-)
  • left the forum March 2023
  • weaty
    Did I say it wrong ugo, I want one like the novatec pointed out by monty but bolt on not qr, is that a mini free hub ?
  • weaty wrote:
    Did I say it wrong ugo, I want one like the novatec pointed out by monty but bolt on not qr, is that a mini free hub ?

Link doesn't work... Surly make one with bolts, disc and thread for a single speed sprocket at 135 mm
    left the forum March 2023