Convert shimano 10 speed Racing Zeros to 11 speed

h1bda00
h1bda00 Posts: 11
edited November 2014 in Workshop
I've got a bike from 2010, currently running Shimano 105 5600. Bits are wearing out, shift levers not working properly, so was thinking of installing a whole new groupset, either 105 5800 or Ultegra 6800, rather than do a piecemeal replacement, as groupset prices for the two above seem rather good.

One set of wheels are 2009 Mavics, so no issue with the 10 to 11 speed change.

However, also have a set of Racing Zeros, either 2009 or 2010, definitely not the 11 speed hub. Question is, for these specific wheels, can I simply purchase the current Fulcrum RZ 11 speed hub for shimano and install it on my old Racing Zeros from 2009/2010?. I believe it's Fulcrum (or Campagnolo) part number RS-113, such as this:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/ful ... 7#features

Anybody actually done this successfully, or failed miserably? Would be very happy to hear before plunking down my cash.

Comments

• mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    I need to do this conversion, so I rang I-Ride the importers, they said it is a straight fwd swop out, no other parts needed or re-dishing required, as the wheel is already dished for Campag 11speed, just needs the re-machined freehub.
  • Good news. Many thanks for the info.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I recently did this for 2 sets of Zeros converting 10 speed Shimano to 11 speed. Very easy and quick to do. Only downside is that it is a bit heavier than the 10 speed version !