What peddles do you have?

shoesmith81
shoesmith81 Posts: 6
edited November 2014 in Road beginners
What peddles do you have?

Can someone recommend a really light carbon set of peddles around the £150 price point please?

Thanks
Rob

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Someone has to say it - *pedals*

Any reason why you want 'carbon' pedals in particular?
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I have Look Easy pedals on 3 bikes, the weight difference between these and the Look carbon ones is minimal IMO.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Look Classics.

I've not read good reports about the new blade carbons.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    For that money the Time Xpresso 12 are probably the lightest at 155g for the pair.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/time-xpresso-12 ... 1&curr=GBP
  • I use SPD, but Speedplays are probably the lightest, or one of, in that price range, but why are that and being made of carbon your main criteria.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    I use Speedplays. Not because they're light, but because of ease of use (double-sided, stamp and go).
  • speedplays for me also and they do ti/nanogram ones for the weight weenie but only if you want to sell some organs or remortgage first?!
    Cube Cross 2016
    Willier GTR 2014
  • Speedplay Zero with ebay Ti axles as I thought it went better on a Ti Framed bike.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Titanium- ... 461a08aefa

P.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • DKay wrote:
    I use Speedplays. Not because they're light, but because of ease of use (double-sided, stamp and go).

330px-Shimano_Pedaling_Dynamics_M520.JPG
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    I have carbon look pedals but there is a significant step up to the carbon blades ( also have the aero blades, but not convinced)

if it wasnt such a hassle changing cleats and shoes, or if i was starting again though I would seriously look at the Time Expresso
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    I've just ordered some Time Xpresso 10. 195g a pair so lighter than Speedplays, and at the moment Ribble have 12% off everything so they were only £76.
  • Speedplay Zeros for me. Best pedal out there IMO.

Ive had Shimanos, Times and Looks and they have all been good but the Speedplays are the only pedals that havent given me any foot or knee problems. The float is superb on Speedplays, gives you more freedom.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    After years and multiple sets of Time RXS I had one break on me and decided to upgrade to Xpressos. They have the same short bearing life but the cleats wear out even quicker...
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    Speedplay. Ti on weight weenie bike (because Nanograms really are second-mortgage money) and stainless on others.
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    I use 3 sets of SPD SL peddels as these are fit&forget things.
    Blue cleats as I don't like much float and as I 'm not sensible for knee problems.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Was going to get Speedplays but wanted Speedplay specific shoes if I did and did not like the ones I tried.
    Went with Dura Ace pedals in the end (as I love the bearings/axle) and am very pleased with them

On relection I am glad I went with the more standard format design (mechanism on pedal rather than cleat) and will probably stick with them.
  • animal72
    animal72 Posts: 251
    I use Shimano SPDs, XTR on the bling bike and mountain bike, XT on the workhorse.

Been using them for years, they work as they should so no reason to change.
    Condor Super Acciaio, Record, Deda, Pacentis.
    Curtis 853 Handbuilt MTB, XTR, DT Swiss and lots of Hope.
    Genesis Datum Gravel Bike, Pacentis (again).
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc, 105 & H-Plus-Son.

Mostly Steel.
  • LeighM
    LeighM Posts: 156
    edited November 2014
    Ultegra 6800 SPD-SL, can't fault them.
    2014 Trek Madone 4.7 | 2009 Trek Fuel EX7 | Planet X Pro Carbon Track Elite
    TrainerRoad
    Strava
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    LeighM wrote:
    Ultegra 6800 SDP-SL, can't fault them.