Caadx sizing

roubaixtom
roubaixtom Posts: 316
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I am aware this probably should be in the cyclcoross section however there is no buying advice section so i will put it here.

I am looking at buying a Caadx tiagra as my winter trainer/cx bike and I'm confused as to the sizing. I ride a 54cm Roubaix that fits me very well. Would a 54cm caadx be right for me? 5ft 9. 32inch inseam. The TT on the caadx is shorter than the roubaix but only slightly. The main difference is the seatube.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

Comments

• I normally ride a 56 Supersix, but when buying my new CX bike I got a 54 SuperX. I looked at the CAADX and again the 54 felt right. It might be worth sitting on a 52 and a 54 to see what you like best as my guess is you are between sizes.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    CX fit tends to be a bit longer though the Roubaix isn't a small frame, the key stats to compare are the stack and reach on your spesh to the dale. Having said that I ride a 58 cervelo, 58 spesh and that translated into a 58 Caadx for me, 6ft 2 with a 34 inseam.

P.S it's worth seeing if you can stretch to the Rival 22 with hydr discs....you can normally get a resonable price if you hunt around
  • jok5
    jok5 Posts: 46
    I'm 56 on the Synapse and 54 on the CAADX which is a fantastic bike love mines