Trek Domane Koppenberg

stanthomas
stanthomas Posts: 265
edited November 2014 in Your road bikes
Santa comes early...

y4mTG3jnJOu2BOeVLYlXuaQgzAwCqM6QiJR08QVjU-G-Ucmyj09HEpovSNiI5o80HTaNVwcAnHg1WpYAPZSWR9UtOf-J7FIYLJDeZpgxqqN9grnKwPlrSQg9B6cfBZ_JKvpmZrEn488Qi3jAjaRY8osypnsGzWq3dQ7SoY_3r2cjTjOgz_Hrd6d1ImVkMxg3bP_InoKkqsKLT8udyXgRqFzXQ?width=4000&height=3000&cropmode=none

Very nice ride - all the goodness of the Domane with a race bike fit and handling.
Fork steerer uncut 'cos I've only done 150km and I haven't quite settled on the position. It is, however, nice to have the choice rather than slamming a 17 degree stem on the standard Domane and still being a bit high (If anyone is interested in really good price on a 14 month old Domane 4.3 (62cm), drop me a PM).

Frame/Forks: Trek Race Shop Limited Domane Koppenberg Edition Frameset 62cm
Bars: Bontrager Flat Top
Stem: Bontrager RXL 120mm (frameset came with 110mm)
Bar Tape: Err, not quite the red I had in mind - will be toning that down soon

Brakes: D-A 7800 w.SwissStop pads
Shifters: D-A 7703
Cables: Transfil
Front Mech: D-A 7803
Rear Mech: D-A 7703
Cranks: D-A 7803
Pedals: D-A 9000

Seat: Selle Italia Prolink
Seat mast: Trek 135mm (frameset came with the long, 175mm, option)

Wheels : Easton EA90 RT
Tyres: Hutchinson Sector 28 t/l (5mm clearance on fork / seat stay bridge)

Supplied by The Bike Factory, Chester. Thanks to Mark Runcie and Dave Parry for their help.

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Lovely frames these. How did you get the Dura Ace BB to fit? They have a BB90 still I assume? Is it just a special BB from Trek which is slightly wider?
  • iplod
    iplod Posts: 83
    Nice bike, enjoy it ! .....Chirk castle gates if i'm not mistaken, either that or you've got a very posh house.
    SOLITUDE. It's not for everyone.

Trek 5.2 madone 2007
    Ribble audax/winter 2010
    Bianchi infinto 2012
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    How did you get the Dura Ace BB to fit? They have a BB90 still I assume?
    Yes, BB90. But this one is well made and the bearing are a good fit in the frame.
    Chainset is 7803 10-speed Hollowtech II (with the spindle captive in the chain side) so it just slides straight into the BB90 bearings like current Shimano offerings. Front mech also has to be 10-speed or later 'cos the limit stop abutment on a 9-speed interferes with the frame mount.
    iplod wrote:
    .....Chirk castle gates if i'm not mistaken ...
    Well spotted :)
  • ivanoile
    ivanoile Posts: 202
    Black bits with white stripes would fit perfectly(for me) with some black groupset(or at least dark,not chrome).But this frame amazing,10/10 ;)
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    Really fancy one of these, ride a alloy domane from time to time as you say lovely bike just the geo is not race fit. I drop a size. Are the shimano stickers under the clearcoat? Ride Campagnolo and would want the remove them
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • ... Are the shimano stickers under the clearcoat? ...
    'fraid so. The only sticker that can be peeled off is 'Made in Taiwan' :)
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    stanthomas wrote:
    ... Are the shimano stickers under the clearcoat? ...
    'fraid so. The only sticker that can be peeled off is 'Made in Taiwan' :)
    I must admit, that was the first thing that came off my Domane, then the safety warning stickers!