Sportful Bibtights - which to buy?

richiegwy
richiegwy Posts: 171
edited November 2014 in Road buying advice
I have a pair of castelli nano flex bib tights but plan on getting a second pair and would like something for slightly colder conditions and have decided to give sportful a try.

I can't decide which to get between the finder no rain, R&D or bodyfit pro. They're all around the same price so can anyone recommend which to go for or what the benefits are of 1 vs the other (I know the no rain is similar to the nano flex but anything else?)

Comments

• I have just recently bought the Bodyfit Pro's and they're very, very good! The first time out with them wasn't great, as the pad didn't feel too comfy. However, after that first time they've been brilliant. I did 4 hours with the club yesterday and could've done more. I didn't have any discomfort or numbness, plus the extra layer on the thigh and shin are nice to have throughout the winter season.

I can't comment on the other two models, but for warmth, comfort and reliability I have no issue recommending the BodyFit Pro.
    Rose X-Lite CRS 3100
    Focus Cayo AL
  • What sort of temperatures were you out in?
  • Richie

If you have Nanoflex bibtights I wouldn't bother with the NoRain - fairly similar.

The BodyFit and R&D are both good for colder conditions, mostly because they both have a double layer of material on the front.

If it's cold and dry the R&D ones are great since they have a hollowcore layer that acts a little like down, the bibstraps are super comfy too.

Hope that helps!
  • Pulled the trigger on a pair of R&D bibs this evening. They're a pretty good price on wiggle at the minute.