Puzzling noise on a colnago c60

tonyhogg
tonyhogg Posts: 115
edited November 2014 in Workshop

Comments

• The joy of press-fit bottom bracket bearings... I take you only hear it when you are under load, climbing in your inner ring
    left the forum March 2023
  • tonyhogg
    edited November 2014
  • tonyhogg wrote:
    It's a weird one, I thought some leaves or small twigs were stuck in the drivetrain at first, but yes only noticeable in the climbing gears others seem fine, I thought colnago and all the reviews were raving about how it's a threaded sleeve insert on this particular bike and not press fit???

Ah, so if it's not press fit, then it must be some other problem. A new HT2 bottom bracket is unlikely to creak
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    tonyhogg wrote:
    It's a weird one, I thought some leaves or small twigs were stuck in the drivetrain at first, but yes only noticeable in the climbing gears others seem fine, I thought colnago and all the reviews were raving about how it's a threaded sleeve insert on this particular bike and not press fit???

Ah, so if it's not press fit, then it must be some other problem. A new HT2 bottom bracket is unlikely to creak

Its a hybrid system, removable threaded sleeves and you then press fit in the bottom bracket. Saying that the creaks shouldn't start so early into ownership :(
  • crikey
    crikey Posts: 362
    Given that you've heard spooky noises from;
    A Colnago C60,
    Di2 x3,
    Ultegra Di2,
    DT Swiss syncros,
    A Boardman Team Carbon,

...videoed them all and put them on Youtube, I'm guessing the problem isn't with the bikes...

Oh yes, and with some Zipp wheels. :roll:
  • tonyhogg
    edited November 2014
  • tonyhogg wrote:
    I've got plenty more videos.

Are you suggesting I'm hearing things that aren't there? I've tried putting up with little noises here and there and riding with a loose cassette for around a 1000 miles, its not like it's silly things like a spoke sensor, a zip on a jersey/saddle bag, water sloshing around in a new water bottle type stuff, your reading too much into it, just admire it for what it is 8)

Based on the above, could it be that you or you LBS that build your bikes are just crap mechanics? :roll:
  • tonyhogg
    No, I've confidence in my lbs :roll:
  • tonyhogg wrote:

Over the past 7 years I have only owned Frankenbikes... things which are made up with components that are not supposed to work together and often the manufacturers warn against them being paired.... partly because I am stubborn and stingy and partly because I enjoy a bit of a mechanical challenge. It is surprising how smoothly they run if you put a bit of care and brain in the assembly... in theory components meant to work together should be even better, no?
    If all your issues are real, I suspect there is a cack hand somewhere... :roll:
  • tonyhogg wrote:

Who fitted your cassette....?
    tonyhogg wrote:
    and riding with a loose cassette for around a 1000 miles,
  • tonyhogg
    edited November 2014
  • tonyhogg
    edited November 2014