Padded tights/ undershorts

ej2320
ej2320 Posts: 1,543
edited December 2014 in MTB buying advice
Looking for some fairly cheap padded cycling tights that I can wear under my baggies in the colder weather.. Any recommendations?

Comments

• Bontrager entry level ones are pretty decent.

http://www.bontrager.com/model/09518

Or

http://www.bontrager.com/model/07610

The Solstice comes as standard with their baggies and is pretty comfortable. I have the Race ones too on their own which are really comfortable.
    Bird Aeris : Trek Remedy 9.9 29er : Trek Procaliber 9.8 SL
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If its cold enough (which its getting to be here) I just wear my Endura tights over padded undercrackers. I look like a tool in them and 510's and a rain jacket but at least I am not cold and my lower limbs dont get as muddy!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Always been fine with the Endura clickfast mesh ones can wear what you like over the top of them. Usually its just some endura baggies that click to them with the poppers if it is cold. those an some running tights with baggies over the top.
  • ej2320
    I've seen these http://www.decathlon.co.uk/300-cycling- ... 81424.html
    Not so keen on the side pads but they'd do the job under some baggies I think
  • I got some cheap long padded muddy fox ones from SportsDirect.
  • Endura tights over endura line here too. Fashion police may frown but it's a great combo
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Bib tights for the ultimate comfort. I have Endura and DHB, both are equally good. I also have some mega cheap ones from ebay with no brand name on them which are excellent in cold weather.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If you are tall the madison ones fit fine.
  • ej2320
    I went for some dhb ones that rock monkey suggested.. Seemed a good price for good quality, hopefully they'll fit
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    FWIW I always use unpadded tights over a decent pair of lycra shorts. More versatile - as you can wear the shorts in summer under baggies, and you don't need to wash your tights every day, or need to buy multiple pairs.
  • ej2320
    that's not a bad idea although I went for the padded ones in the end
    happy with them, good fit and very comfy to wear.
    If anyone is interested with the waist tights, I'm 6ft 1" and the large are a good length
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    I was looking at tights (bib style) in the shop the other day and I noticed they all seem really fleecy. it getting to the point that I could do with some tights but I can't hlep thinking the fleece lining will make them way too hot. Can you get non-fleece lined ones or is the fleece not as warm as I'm imagining?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    There are different levels of fleece, but I don't find them too warm.
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    Some of those dhb bib tights are cheaper but the max chest size is 44½". These are not much more and fit my deformed 46" chest and 24" long back.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp