It is Friday

Flâneur
Flâneur Posts: 3,081
edited November 2014 in The bottom bracket
Guess you lot are all over eating crud as these seem to have stopped. Guess Arran had to be at home and his better half made him work
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Trying to put off completing the paint stripping of a window frame which I have so far made a complete hash of. Now wishing I hadn't started. So far I have managed to get a couple of drops of Nitromors on the UPVc which as you can imagine does wonders. Decided to invest in a heat gun. marvellously quick, but has a slight downside if you are anywhere near plastics.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    sa0u823e wrote:
    Guess Arran had to be at home and his better half made him work

Wrong and wrong Miss Marple :P

I'm in the office avoiding work :D
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    I'm working from home as I'm having an early dart to go to London with the family for the weekend

Current wife isn't speaking to me as I've been working most nights this week - oh well, means music on the drive down :)

New pedals turned up today, that means along with the seat I've bought - I'm a couple of hundred pounds into the new bike build without final confirmation on what I'm building!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    matthew h wrote:
    I'm working from home ...
    ...New pedals turned up today
    No! You're doing it wrong. How are you supposed to get things in under the radar if they are being delivered to your house? Have bike stuff delivered to work and keep receipts in our desk drawer, but never ever be tempted to add them up to see what you spend on bike stuff.
    Dead pig based fried food today bracketed by work avoidance.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    I'm working from home ...
    ...New pedals turned up today
    No! You're doing it wrong. How are you supposed to get things in under the radar if they are being delivered to your house? Have bike stuff delivered to work and keep receipts in our desk drawer, but never ever be tempted to add them up to see what you spend on bike stuff.
    Dead pig based fried food today bracketed by work avoidance.

Birthday present!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    matthew h wrote:
    Birthday present!
    Phew, I was worried for a moment there.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Arran.
    I went for an interview with one of the manufacturers that you probably estimate parts for (very big Frog company). Not even sure why I went. I ended up talking myself out of any potential appointment, as I pointed out that the role of any representation for a manufacturer in construction industry is practically redundant. Which it is. The two bods interviewing me thought this quite interesting as it had taken them over 1 year to come up with a strategic sales plan.
    Now thinking about what the hell I should be doing for a job.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Mr Goo wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    sa0u823e wrote:

Arran.
    I went for an interview with one of the manufacturers that you probably estimate parts for (very big Frog company). Not even sure why I went. I ended up talking myself out of any potential appointment, as I pointed out that the role of any representation for a manufacturer in construction industry is practically redundant. Which it is. The two bods interviewing me thought this quite interesting as it had taken them over 1 year to come up with a strategic sales plan.
    Now thinking about what the hell I should be doing for a job.

The one that manufactures poo pipes amongst other things?

Interesting approach to a job interview by the way, telling them that the role is redundant, I take it you didn't get the job :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    matthew h wrote:
    I'm working from home as I'm having an early dart to go to London with the family for the weekend

Current wife isn't speaking to me as I've been working most nights this week - oh well, means music on the drive down :)

New pedals turned up today, that means along with the seat I've bought - I'm a couple of hundred pounds into the new bike build without final confirmation on what I'm building!
    Enjoy the Big Smoke and the shopping trip. PS: saw a nice Sabbath Ti frame in a bike shop near the office.

So ends the week from hell at work - have saved the company shed load of money but will it get me a decent bonus? :roll: So I'm supping Scnapps and chilling,
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Enjoy the Big Smoke and the shopping trip. PS: saw a nice Sabbath Ti frame in a bike shop near the office.

So ends the week from hell at work - have saved the company shed load of money but will it get me a decent bonus? :roll: So I'm supping Scnapps and chilling,

Bought a masters frame today :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    You'll be Pinno's chum now you both own a set of coloured drinking straws :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Spent all day trying to persuade some recruit that he wasn't going to flunk out of Pirbright, where he arrived today. Which he will do.

Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Apart from that, TDN is again not speaking to me as I hadn't licked the bathroom sinks clean or something as similar ........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You'll be Pinno's chum now you both own a set of coloured drinking straws :wink:

Art Deco straws? :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pet pooch also ate part of newly prepped posh uniform that was to be worn on Sunday. I'm calling it the Dunkirk look......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Bought a masters frame today* :)

*POIDH.
    There is no such thing as a nice Ti frame.
    That Schnapps better be ice cold out of the freezer.

@ Stevo Your wife told me that she hasn't spoken to you in years.
    Forget the bonus, be a grateful hard working selfless man working for the good of the nation for zilch.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666

Forget the bonus, be a grateful hard working selfless man working for the good of the nation for zilch.
    Sorry, fridge only. Good enough.

About the trouble n strife, there's a difference between her speaking and me listening. And as for the good of the nation, I've done my bit this week which is why I've been so frikkin busy - just saved the Group £5m a year in tax and at the same time increased UK tax revenues by £7m a year :wink: . I want a percentage...
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Bought a masters frame today* :)

*POIDH.
    There is no such thing as a nice Ti frame.

Pics are good, but bike not yet complete
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Come on mh, lets see the frame then. The boys from the dark side wouldn't appreciate such a thing. Especially considering that the frame was built during the days of crudder infancy and it is still going.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Come on mh, lets see the frame then. The boys from the dark side wouldn't appreciate such a thing. Especially considering that the frame was built during the days of crudder infancy and it is still going.

Deposit paid, just waiting for the the finishing kit to turn up - as it features carbon fibre and mavic wheels - should be enough to wind people up
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    better have gold plate on it
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy