Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap?

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited November 2014 in The cake stop
I see that the murder plot charge against Phil Rudd has been dropped.

What I did find very clever with the Sky News item yesterday was that of the 3 hit records they listed for AC/DC one was Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Great track, but hardly one that springs to mind if you had to name an AC?DC top 3.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• katiebob
    katiebob Posts: 208
    No, but it fitted in with the story quite nicely! :-)
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited November 2014
    Guns for hire
    Gimme a bullet
    Fire your guns.

Edit: Obviously not my top 3 ACDC tracks but would fit the general theme of the story.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    What were the other 2? I'd say Whole Lotta Rosie is my favourite of theirs.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    Highway To Hell.
    Gone Shootin'.
    What Do You Do For Money, Honey?

And since he has been let off - Let's Make It Up.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • mr_goo
    There aren't many to dislike. But if I was a journo and listing the obvious top 3 it would be:
    Back in Black
    Highway to Hell
    Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

The news appropriate top 3

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Shoot to Thrill
    Shot Down in Flames

A real shame about Malcolm Young.
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/01/acdc-guitarist-malcolm-young-has-dementia
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Mr Goo wrote:
    There aren't many to dislike. But if I was a journo and listing the obvious top 3 it would be:
    Back in Black
    Highway to Hell
    Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be

The news appropriate top 3

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
    Shoot to Thrill
    Shot Down in Flames

A real shame about Malcolm Young.
    http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/oct/01/acdc-guitarist-malcolm-young-has-dementia

As you say. not a lot to dislike about acca dacca .

Top 3? Pick any from these.

Hells Bells
    Thunderstruck
    Highway to hell
    Back in Black
    You shook me all night long
    Hell ain't a bad place to be.
  • They are a good Guilty Pleasure aren't they...like having chocolate when you know you should have fruit.

AC/DC - Masters of the single entendre.
  • mr_goo
    They are a good Guilty Pleasure aren't they...like having chocolate when you know you should have fruit.

Agree entirely - 'Givin' the Dog a Bone' as the perfect example. Great fun. Cannot wait till 2015 when they tour. I shall be at front of queue for tickets. Might well be the last time we get to see them.
  • If memory serves, Dirty Deeds was their first UK Top 40. No bans in history has had so many top 40 hits without a single top ten.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Ac/DC - the band that the Stooges could have been.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    Every time I play the River Plate video it amazes me and I'm aware I've got a big grin. :D
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Saw them play at Donnington Monsters of Rock in 91',and they were brilliant,where the video for thunderstruck was filmed,i was a bit gutted to miss tickets to the black ice tour as i really wanted to see them again,as for the next tour and it might be the last time they do,I was like that this year with Black Sabbath at their Hyde Park gig

you would of never of thought that someone in Phil Rudd's position would want to get involved in meth labs,and the rest of the s#*t that goes with it
  • mr_goo
    Dabber wrote:
    Every time I play the River Plate video it amazes me and I'm aware I've got a big grin. :D

Same here. Just an amazing gig especially 'Whole Lotta Rosie. I cannot imagine many other bands being able to fill stadiums like AC/DC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMvE0yFnR0I
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Saw them play at Donnington Monsters of Rock in 91',and they were brilliant,where the video for thunderstruck was filmed,i was a bit gutted to miss tickets to the black ice tour as i really wanted to see them again,as for the next tour and it might be the last time they do,I was like that this year with Black Sabbath at their Hyde Park gig

you would have never of thought that someone in Phil Rudd's position would want to get involved in meth labs,and the rest of the s#*t that goes with it

why not ? hookers, drugs and hiring hitmen... all part of Rock an Roll :) he sounds a pretty messed up dude though.
    anyhow, who cares who plays the drums, its all about Angus Young! that guy is the greatest lead of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5yNJ5ELc8
  • They are a good Guilty Pleasure aren't they...like having chocolate when you know you should have fruit.

Try listening to some Steel Panther :P
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Anyway, Phil Rudd is Mr Rock and Roll...just how many times has he been fired from AC/DC? I reckon twice, a friend says three times. We both think one of those was for trying to kill Malcolm Young.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    The latest publicity shots exclude Phil Rudd so he may be out anyway and Chris Slade the drummer from the Thunderstruck period is rumoured to be the first choice. There won't be a last tour until Angus can't play.AC/Dc are a money making juggernaut. The Black Ice tour was one of the highest grossing tours ever and the next one will be the one that pays Malcolm Youngs care home bill for the rest of his life.
    M.Rushton