Gravity Enduro Race Calendar?

Qui3tman
Qui3tman Posts: 94
edited January 2015 in XC and Enduro
I'm interested in getting into doing some racing as I'm loving being out on the bike and can feel myself getting to a skills level where I can hold up the pros and languish at the end of the pack!

To this end, I'm finding it a bit tricky finding details of races - I know about the UKGE and the Mini Enduros but surely there are more out there? or am I wrong?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    you might find it fun this year as I have read that BC is not going to be sanctioning them. as they are more of a DH race.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Enduro1 series is pretty good in Southern England.
    I think there might be a lot less enduro races in 2015 now that BC won't provide insurance.
    The full face helmet rule kind of sucks as well. Carry a spare helmet for transitions or ride the whole route in a full face. I won't be doing any more and I'm sure I won't be the only one put off by it.
  • scottfitz
    scottfitz Posts: 283
    The full face helmet rule kind of sucks as well. Carry a spare helmet for transitions or ride the whole route in a full face. I won't be doing any more and I'm sure I won't be the only one put off by it.
    This only applies to the UKGE so the will be lots of non FF enduro's to choose from (30+).

BC leaving enduro will not make a difference to the number of events, if fact I thinks there will be more races this year then ever.

Not sure if enduro1 will be about in 2015 they have been very quite since the end of 2014 series. Hope they do run a 2015 series and come back to the South East where they started.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    PMBA have released a statement today that full face helmets aren't needed and they've still got insurance cover too.
  • scottfitz
    scottfitz Posts: 283
    "Not sure if enduro1 will be about in 2015 they have been very quite since the end of 2014 series. Hope they do run a 2015 series and come back to the South East where they started."

Enduro1 have release some dates but they are looking into the personal insurance like UKGE